Emax MT1804 Problems

xray328

Hey guys, I picked up an Emax 1804-2480 for my mini speedster from Heads Up RC. Problem I'm having is that with anything above half throttle it has a gritty sound/feel and a terrible vibration. Anything below half throttle is fine though. Any thoughts on what might be causing that? It was $11.95, it'd be probably half that just to return it to them..

xray328

No, I literally plugged everything together and was just checking to see that everything worked. I got to half throttle and it sounded like there was grit in there and it started shaking, things got worse as throttle increased. I backed off at 3/4 stick, which was prob 2-3 seconds after it started. It's still fine at less than half throttle. Problems only start above that.

JJ fly

Had the same problem on another emax motor. The problem was solved when I changed the timing on the esc. Try putting on a higher timing since this motor has a high kv.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
I had the same problem with one of the zoom motors from heads up. Send them a polite email and they will make it right. Great company to deal with.

Ask them to test the replacement before they send it so the issue isn't repeated.