ESC's start sound out of sync - Problem?

Segphalt

Little background: I have been in the hobby for a while now and likely as we all have, accumulated a large number of parts. Since the weather is somewhat prohibitive in my region now and with that desire to build I pulled out my parts boxes to see if I could put anything together.

I determined I had enough lying around to build out a whole new race quad sans a new set of motors, and since a friend of mine was interested in getting into the hobby it seemed like a perfect coincidence. Now these parts certainly aren't top of the line by any means but from my understanding many people have used them successfully.

Parts involved.
  • 4 x E-Max Simon series ESC's (12A) (Silicon Labs F330 MCU)
  • CC3D flight controller
  • Diatone no name carbon/fiberglass frame
  • 4x GARTT ML2204S
  • FrSky D4R-II receiver
  • TS5823 FPV transmitter
  • A small Aomway camera that doesn't have any identifying marks.

Prior to full build I did the following.

Tested each ESC and motor independently with a servo tester.
Updated to the latest CC3D firmware. (I know there are ways to put betaflight on it but I simply haven't yet. As I will likely swap it out entirely later.)

Things looked good.

Got everything put together, mounted to the frame and wired up. Then we get to the thing I haven't seen before.
Upon plugging in the drone, 3 ESC's start sounds are in sync, one is about a second later.

Is this even a problem? I haven't had a chance to go through the first time setup on LibrePilot yet but just in case it is an issue I'd like to catch it before I continue further in the build.

Other notes: If I am not mistaken the ESC's were purchased at the same time in the same bundle as a 4 pack. So I have no reason to believe they aren't the same firmware. However this is my suspicion, and may very well be the case.

I'm really just wondering if this is a problem and if so how big of a problem?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has thoughts on this. I certainly don't want to hand my friend a danger machine if I can avoid it.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
You have to calibrate your ESCs. With librePilot is really easy to do.
Just use the wiyyard and that will guide you trough the esc calibration

Segphalt

After calibration same situation, doesn't appear to be an issue. However, it still is a thing that bothers me. On every other drone I have made the ESC's boot in sync on boot with boot sounds in imperceptive boot sound sync.