New purchaser, new to Flying and have questions

smbundy13

I recently purchased a Tutor Starter Bundle. this is my first RC plane and first build. The web page lists that it can be set up with 3 channel or 4 channel with Ailerons.

my main question is, how do I know I have the parts necessary to have the 4 channels? As a complete newbie, I am not sure what is needed to do each channel. I have watched the build videos but haven't seen all the information about the electronics.

Second question is, when I build the plane, Can I go ahead and set up the 4 channel parts on the wings but keep the plane on 3 channel while i learn? it seems that, if I have the parts for 4 channel, I can go ahead and install but not plug the servos in for a bit... But, I wanted to confirm with you good people.

thanks.

luvmy40

Elite member
It looks like the bundle comes with everything you need to configure the ailerons. You can install the servos, install the control horns and control rods, and run your Y cable but I would not cut the ailerons in the wing until you are ready to use them. When you are ready for them, take the control arm off the servos and cut the ailerons and bevel the hinge. Then reinstall the control arm and connect the y cable to your receiver.

smbundy13

It looks like the bundle comes with everything you need to configure the ailerons. You can install the servos, install the control horns and control rods, and run your Y cable but I would not cut the ailerons in the wing until you are ready to use them. When you are ready for them, take the control arm off the servos and cut the ailerons and bevel the hinge. Then reinstall the control arm and connect the y cable to your receiver.
thanks for that info. appreciate it.

Burnhard

In a three channel you only need two servos (for rudder and elevator). In a four channel you will usually have at least four servos (some micro models come with only one servo for both ailerons).