Flite test ESC's keep dying

Skygeezer65

I have a 20 amp and 35 amp ESC from the Power packs but they did not come with any booklet or instruction sheet. They worked fine at first but both did the same thing. If upon plugging in the battery to a fully setup airplane ( ESC plugged into receiver and motor ) your hand slips and disconnects the battery just after the first few beeps, and you then replug the battery, the ESC is dead and will not respond. Both ESC's did exactly the same thing. Immediate disconnection from the battery kills them. Replacing these ESC's with another one from the drawer shows the system in the airplane working fine. But the Flite test ESC's are forever dead.

Is there an info on these ESC's somewhere on the Flite Test website? I know with other units there is programming with transmitter stick inputs and so on. I have to initiate some of my ESC's to get motor control. But both these Flite Test ESC's were working initially until the quick battery disconnect. Is there any way to revive them? How to you initiate and program these ESC's

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
interesting, only FT ESC that I have seen get damaged is when my son applied power to one in reverse by forcing a plug and it let out the magic smoke. I have plugged/unplugged ESC quickly multiple times.

Piotrsko

Master member
Sounds to me like you froze the control system into safe mode disarm which means it isn't dead, just ignoring input. Try calibrating it to the transmitter with out the motor connected. Going for beeps here ,not function

Bricks

Master member
Sounds to me like you froze the control system into safe mode disarm which means it isn't dead, just ignoring input. Try calibrating it to the transmitter with out the motor connected. Going for beeps here ,not function

The beeps come from the motor not the ESC at least mine do. Recalibrating the ESC as Piotrsko mentions is your first step to trouble shooting.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
With motor connected, reciever already bound, place transmitter at full throttle and plug the EDC in. You will hear the beeps (from the motor) that will last a second or so. Lower the throttle all the way and you should hear a series of beeps and a ditty. That *should* get it going.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I prefer to let nature take its course. 😉

Its the holiday season.. dont need a brother opening gifts with his kids looking like this....
Ground face.jpg