Experiment with twin motors on a Tiny trainer.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
That is one beautiful plane, maybe I need to rethink my options again regards building a twin (y)
There are a lot of options out there, this is my DH-88, I believe 13th Squadron released plans for this as well running off of 1806 motors I believe.
IMG_20211105_160731957_HDR.jpg

Its weird that you guys are discussing twin prop projects because that is next on my list. Have already built the FT MS P-38 and Vincent Unrau's DH-88 but I found something that really caught my eye the other day and immediately printed the plans just to have on hand when I was ready to start, I have a couple of Emax Rspec 2205 motors that will be perfect for this plane.
View attachment 211175
Oh that's gorgeous.

Having the props rotate inwards at the top is generally better for engine-out scenarios as the p-factor and gyroscopic precession from the remaining engine will act opposite the moment of the asymmetric thrust, and the prop torque will tend to hold the wing with the dead engine up. The one wild card is how the slipstream interacts with whatever's behind it, depending on configuration this effect may overpower the others and make a outwards-at-top rotation direction best.
"tend to hold the wing with the dead engine up." Oh that's a good one. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

L Edge

Master member
If you want to see what the problem was with the plane why they reversed the direction pay attention to the development section:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_F-82_Twin_Mustang#Design_and_development

Where it really needs to by thought out is when the props are at the end of the wing. Directed towards VTOL's design when your flow is perpendicular and parallel to wing.

Here's one for you, if you have a dual EDF's, it is best to use Clockwise and CounterClockwise fans? Turning RPM's in or out towards center?
That has to be looked at for 6th generation jets that don't have rudders.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Its weird that you guys are discussing twin prop projects because that is next on my list. Have already built the FT MS P-38 and Vincent Unrau's DH-88 but I found something that really caught my eye the other day and immediately printed the plans just to have on hand when I was ready to start, I have a couple of Emax Rspec 2205 motors that will be perfect for this plane.
View attachment 211175
Wow!!! What plane is that??? It sure is incredibly beautiful!!!!