• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

F-22 Gym Flyer by Buzzard Models

Madspadder

I received two of these F-22 kits from Buzzard Models yesterday to build and test. Buzzard Models is also selling a bind and fly version. Here is a link . I built both planes in a couple of hours. hoping to fly these on Wednesday. https://www.buzzardmodels.com/F-22GymFlyer

Attachments

Last edited:

Madspadder

Working on the paint. Going with a Tiger meet idea. Sprayed the top wing, tail and fuse with Testor orange enamel. Made some templates for the wing stripes so both wings will match. I used a black marker to outline and filled in the black areas by brushing on black acrylic paint.

Attachments

Madspadder

Cool! The link in the first post doesn’t work for me... What power setup is it using?
I believe he sent the 5 gram power p
I was looking at the RCAF maple leaf roundels you used, not to many people in the states rock those on their planes.[/QUOTE]
They were in a photo I was going by
I was looking at the RCAF maple leaf roundels you used, not to many people in the states rock those on their planes.
I was using this photo for the paint. The motor that I am using on the second jet is a drone motor. Should know Wednesday if it works.

Attachments

Madspadder

Got the first flight in last night. The jet ended up weighing almost 4 0z with the paint and equipment I used. The instructions said it should weigh in at 2.5 oz. I moved the battery forward and was able to get it to balance. The video shows the first flight on low rates. The jet flew smoothly, would turn on a dime and flew high alpha easily. This really a fun little jet !! Thanks Buzzard Models for another fun indoor flyer !!

BATTLEAXE

Got the first flight in last night. The jet ended up weighing almost 4 0z with the paint and equipment I used. The instructions said it should weigh in at 2.5 oz. I moved the battery forward and was able to get it to balance. The video shows the first flight on low rates. The jet flew smoothly, would turn on a dime and flew high alpha easily. This really a fun little jet !! Thanks Buzzard Models for another fun indoor flyer !!
Awesome video! It flies perfect for indoors, fast and slow. Kinda like the FT-22 for outdoors flying. Just like @Grifflyer I am gonna start calling you NASCAR, you seem to like the left turns :ROFLMAO: