FAA Explains Their Angle (FTCA update)

tamuct01

I mentioned this in a comment on the YouTube video:
I truly appreciate the work that the FTCA and FPVFC are doing to change the rules within the confines of the system. I think there should be a two-pronged approach though, a carrot and stick if you will. FTCA can be the carrot--peaceably working within the system to get the rules changed back to the way they were. The stick approach should be a separate organization of peaceful civil disobedience. This group should be telling the FAA where to stick it. We're not going to follow the rules they have implemented, and we dare you to come and get us. It's perfectly fine to be a member of one group or the other or even both, but they both need to be loud and public exposing the FAA and Congress for the freedom-taking goons they are.

I welcome discussion on how to fine-tune this approach, but I don't think we're going to make a lot of headway without both.

Yankee2003

I mentioned this in a comment on the YouTube video:
I truly appreciate the work that the FTCA and FPVFC are doing to change the rules within the confines of the system. I think there should be a two-pronged approach though, a carrot and stick if you will. FTCA can be the carrot--peaceably working within the system to get the rules changed back to the way they were. The stick approach should be a separate organization of peaceful civil disobedience. This group should be telling the FAA where to stick it. We're not going to follow the rules they have implemented, and we dare you to come and get us. It's perfectly fine to be a member of one group or the other or even both, but they both need to be loud and public exposing the FAA and Congress for the freedom-taking goons they are.

I welcome discussion on how to fine-tune this approach, but I don't think we're going to make a lot of headway without both.

A take on the ole …Good Cop….Bad Cop.
I like the idea of having an additional protest group. But as Soon as you cross the line of peaceful civil disobedience it might be hard to manage that group. In addition it can lead to a position of leverage for the FAA. They could say……”see…this is why we need to regulate these people”.
Okay, that may be a stretch but the FAA has the resources and media back up to spin the narrative. It is why protecting our freedoms is so difficult.
We carry our tracking devices (cell phones), register our cars and have to pay our taxes. In some cases we need to secure a local permit (permission) to build a deck or put a fence up around our property. I hate RID as much as anybody, but if it comes down to it….sure track me, monitor my flights, and come out to the airfield to talk to me about my flight. If they want to, or think they can waste their resources on that…..be my guest.

Piotrsko

Master member
The AMA has been doing their death rattle since before I joined in 1969, and will probably continue soldiering along in some varied state long after my passing probably because of inertia. They do make an interesting foil to the government on occasion

fliers1

The AMA has been doing their death rattle since before I joined in 1969, and will probably continue soldiering along in some varied state long after my passing probably because of inertia. They do make an interesting foil to the government on occasion
They know that I have something that will help the hobby/sport, but I guess because my plan didn't come from the inner circle. Dead hobby walking.

Attachments

• TEACHING THE TEACHERS PROGRAM(1).pdf
    124.5 KB · Views: 0

XSrcing

Creator of smoking holes
They will exist in name only. They have transitioned fully in to a lobbying group that has members who enjoy something they don't care about anymore. They only exist to further their own existence and will try to convince us we need them.

Kinda like what has happened with the NRA.

My memberships to both the AMA and NRA have been cancelled.

WillL84

They will exist in name only. They have transitioned fully in to a lobbying group that has members who enjoy something they don't care about anymore. They only exist to further their own existence and will try to convince us we need them.

Kinda like what has happened with the NRA.

My memberships to both the AMA and NRA have been cancelled.

Yea the NRA is a joke. GOAL / USCCA is where it's at.

Yankee2003

FTCA Update 2-27-23

I see how 1kg is better than 250g……but it feels like that has been discussed before. The 250g limit has always sounded ludicrous.
Still feels a bit….depressing. Good for FPV quads for sure so there is that. Not feeling the same sense of victory for fixed wing.

tamuct01

I think that 1kg limit might be a move in the right direction, but as I stressed to my representatives we need to reinstate the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, get the FAA out of our business, and put things back the way they were. That should be our starting salvo because that's what we really want. We might negotiate down to 1kg for now, but why start from a point of weakness?

churchjw

I think that 1kg limit might be a move in the right direction, but as I stressed to my representatives we need to reinstate the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, get the FAA out of our business, and put things back the way they were. That should be our starting salvo because that's what we really want. We might negotiate down to 1kg for now, but why start from a point of weakness?

I have word from some advocacy groups that congress has “no appetite” to reinstate the Special rule, but is willing to remove/reduce the burden of the rules from in the 2018 reauth

But I definitely would may your reps clear that is what we want. I will anyway

Yankee2003

I have word from some advocacy groups that congress has “no appetite” to reinstate the Special rule, but is willing to remove/reduce the burden of the rules from in the 2018 reauth

But I definitely would may your reps clear that is what we want. I will anyway
My big question would be…..Why would they? Thing are almost never as bad as they seem….but sometimes they’re worse….

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Wow. That is a very interesting article.
Can this happen in America? 🤷🏼‍♂️
If history is to be believed…..………………😬..

..”..The business of America, is businesss….”
- Ronald Regan
Hoping the crocodile eats the other guy first, does not stop the crocodile from eating you.

Replace MAAC with AMA and Transport Canada with FAA, and it is likely you are watching the news from 2024 when the FAA treats AMA to the reality that there is no such thing as “we have friends in the government, we are safe.” Then it will be difficult for some not to have a sense of schadenfreude.

Bricks

Master member
Sounds like MAAC brought this on themselves by not keeping up with certifying there newer club grounds.

fliers1

They took recruiting new members impossible and made it worse. To infinity and beyond. Dead hobby walking. Doom and gloom or the cold hard and unavoidable truth? Giving flight instructions scares the bejesus out of both beginners and instructors. I doubt if anyone looks forward to teaching. How can the hobby grow if teaching is such an unpleasant experience? I'm talking big picture. I'm sure someone will say that their club is doing a great job providing flight training. This is what beginners will have to go through if they're lucky. The FAA just made it worse.

Attachments

• THE INSTRUCTOR(1)(5).pdf
    313.6 KB · Views: 0