• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Favorite Flight So Far, and Also Hello!

airhokie

Listened to a podcast and knew I had to join the forums after. I'm still getting used to editing video, but I'm pretty proud of this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aztQihUoTE

I'm flying a DJI Phantom (I know, I know, but hear me out):
- Replaced props, motors, radio, & landing gear.
- Added dual-battery mount, gimbal (after that flight), & FPV.
So there's quite a lot of sweat and labour pushed into the machine. It's definitely AirHokie and not just another DJI Phantom. All the parts are integrated into the body; starting with the RTF machine allowed me to build what I wanted as I learned.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video and I look forward to reading more through the community.

Thanks.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
There's nothing wrong with the DJI stuff. What is wrong is how some people use it. It makes people who have never flown think they can fly anywhere. You made a great video and it looks like you are doing all the right things, staying away from people and property, not flying over crowds or from a balcony in the city. That is fairly specific as not long ago, a fresh pilot with what looked like no experience, took off from a balcony in the city and crashed into a few buildings before the poor multi finally gave up and tumbled to the street. Gives what we do a very bad black eye since that is exactly the kind of stuff the media will blow out of proportion and use as fodder for the anti-"drone" BS we all see so much on now.

I'm sorry. You made a really nice video and me ranting shouldn't be your welcome to the forum! I did really like the video. Keep them coming!
And welcome to Flite test! Now that is a proper welcome!