FF-2021 The thing on everyone’s mind!!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Alright it’s 2021 on the east coast. Let’s just skip over the stories of how much 2020 sucked, all the new year new me posts on Facebook, and the idea that the world will magically fix itself because the earth spun around the sun another time :LOL::LOL:
So the only important question on everyone’s mind is “will there be a flite fest this year” I know FT doesn’t have much presence on the forums anymore so I don’t expect a direct answer to them through here. But if any of you hear anything let us know!! Some people need to plan the event and schedule time off months ahead of time so it’d be nice to know as soon as possible.

If the event does happen who’s gonna go? I need to meet as many people as possible this year I met quite a few people at FF 2019 but I’d love to be able to meet more. I’ll most likely be there for the whole event if it happens.

Does anybody have any crazy projects planned for FF? I’ve got a few knocking around in the back of my head. I’m curious what everyone else is thinking of.

bwarz

Master member
me and the kids will definitely be there for at least a few days. our only goal is to fly in combat. what to build, who knows! it'll be our second FF and the first that we'll actually fly at, so just majorly looking forward to it!

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Alright it’s 2021 on the east coast. Let’s just skip over the stories of how much 2020 sucked, all the new year new me posts on Facebook, and the idea that the world will magically fix itself because the earth spun around the sun another time :LOL::LOL:
So the only important question on everyone’s mind is “will there be a flite fest this year” I know FT doesn’t have much presence on the forums anymore so I don’t expect a direct answer to them through here. But if any of you hear anything let us know!! Some people need to plan the event and schedule time off months ahead of time so it’d be nice to know as soon as possible.

If the event does happen who’s gonna go? I need to meet as many people as possible this year I met quite a few people at FF 2019 but I’d love to be able to meet more. I’ll most likely be there for the whole event if it happens.

Does anybody have any crazy projects planned for FF? I’ve got a few knocking around in the back of my head. I’m curious what everyone else is thinking of.
I’ll be there

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Depends on the state of the 'world', but I was wanting to go last year and if the state of the 'world' is reasonable for going... I want to go.

Regarding things to bring... I am hoping to have a functional tilt-motor vtol before that comes around.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Depends on the state of the 'world', but I was wanting to go last year and if the state of the 'world' is reasonable for going... I want to go.

Regarding things to bring... I am hoping to have a functional tilt-motor vtol before that comes around.
Ooo that’ll be incredible to see!!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
With 50-100 planes in the air at any one time for most of the day, midair collisions are inevitable. Not all of the midair’s happen during combat.

ahh true... and that is the normal amount in the air? does everyone just fly a cw or ccw pattern then?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
ahh true... and that is the normal amount in the air? does everyone just fly a cw or ccw pattern then?
They have a very long flight line, it makes it tough to fly a pattern. The long flight line does spread the planes out a bit, but the middle of the field can get a bit disorganized, those at both ends are wanting to turnaround in the middle.

There is plenty of sky in the morning, the afternoons can get crowded.