FF-2021 The thing on everyone’s mind!!

Phin G

Elite member
I really want to go but I can't since it is probably during school time and i live in the UK so it will cost a fortune for us to fly there

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
The "state of the world" will be critical.

I’m gonna be a realist for a few minutes here - I don’t see it happening this year. Several airlines are requiring proof of vaccination for travel, and we already have a large faction of people who are refusing to get vaccinated for various reasons; I don’t see a large gathering like FF happening this year, even if it IS outdoors.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I’m gonna be a realist for a few minutes here - I don’t see it happening this year. Several airlines are requiring proof of vaccination for travel, and we already have a large faction of people who are refusing to get vaccinated for various reasons; I don’t see a large gathering like FF happening this year, even if it IS outdoors.

I'm not very hopeful. However, I think you meant proof of a negative test. Not vaccination. It will be quite a while before the vaccinations are widespread. Especially given the uneven response in the U.S.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

I was thinking the same general thing... but FF is around 6 months from now... I don't know how far in advance FF starts getting planned, so maybe the decisions need to be made now (if I was making the decision now, it would be no as to much is up in the air and unknown about how things will be in 6 months).

if FF go/no go choice is done in 3 months, things _might_ look different enough to consider moving forward, but I am not planning my year around said posibility.

personally, I am not that worried about 'airline flight' for FF as I would be driving (so I could bring my gear).

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
That’s a good point, less people are going to attend the event no matter what. I know I will be driving there to, as others have said, bring my stuff. They might try making a poll or make tickets available early. If they get enough attendees by a certain date then hold the event, if the numbers aren’t viable to hold the entire event they could simply hand out a refund.
If the event does happen I imagine it’d be much smaller scale, far fewer vendors and food trucks. They might only need one build tent but they decide to put up two to spread people out...

Mr.Grinch

I have to submit for vacation in about two weeks, so I’m going to try to request the week after the 4th of July, but I’m pretty low on the list to pick so I’ll see how that goes. I plan to make every effort to go, as long as it happens this year, even if it’s only for part of the time. It’s a 9 hour drive, so doable for just the weekend if I can’t get the time off.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'm not very hopeful. However, I think you meant proof of a negative test. Not vaccination. It will be quite a while before the vaccinations are widespread. Especially given the uneven response in the U.S.

That uneven response is why I don't think FF should happen this year. I know there are a lot of people who think it SHOULD happen, but with how we've seen an explosion of new infections since Thanksgiving, I don't think they'll risk it, especially with so many not willing to take the vaccine.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening until 2022.

Mr.Grinch

That uneven response is why I don't think FF should happen this year. I know there are a lot of people who think it SHOULD happen, but with how we've seen an explosion of new infections since Thanksgiving, I don't think they'll risk it, especially with so many not willing to take the vaccine.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening until 2022.

As much as I want it to happen, and I’m planning half of my year’s vacation time around it, I don’t actually expect FF to happen this year. Too much is still going on to think that things will be back to normal enough for it to happen.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Well now... I just got an email and FF2021 IS ON!!!

Cheers!
LitterBug

And last but not least, Flite Fest 2021 will be a reality!

The event dates are July 15th-18th. This flying family has been apart too long and we need a reunion FliteTest style. More details are to come, but please know we will do our best to address the current realities of our time while working hard to make it the best event ever! Mark your calendars, charge your batteries, and let your families and friends know "We Fly in July"! Stay tuned for updates and ticket sales.

Phin G

Elite member

Cheers!
LitterBug

The event dates are July 15th-18th. This flying family has been apart too long and we need a reunion FliteTest style. More details are to come, but please know we will do our best to address the current realities of our time while working hard to make it the best event ever! Mark your calendars, charge your batteries, and let your families and friends know "We Fly in July"! Stay tuned for updates and ticket sales.
I wonder if I could take time of school to go there? Well if it is still online i could do it from there but yeh. I am top of all my classes but mr cox isn't likely to let me take time off school.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic

Cheers!
LitterBug

That is incredible news!! I will definitely be going!!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
"Good stuff, Maynard!"

1613845693661.png

Last edited: