FF2016 registration is now open!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Registered! Now... hopefully, I won't have a Summer like last year when I registered, but couldn't make it due to work changes.

So ... now to build some planes!

HilldaFlyer

Checking with my better half.
It would be really great to meet everyone - in person.

Last edited:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Do they allow camping on Thursday night?

Yes that is the first night!

Last year if you were a volunteer, it was ok to come Wednesday to help with last minute setup and be on hand early Thursday. I haven't heard anything for this year about volunteering but I plan on helping out again as that was the most rewarding part of FF.

AndyP57

Coming over from UK. What paperwork do I need to fly? I have BMFA (British Model Flying Association) membership insurance and by then will also have a CAA-SUAS (Civil Aviation Authority - Small unmanned Aircraft Systems < 20Kg) license with PfAW (CAA Permission for Aerial Work). Will that be OK or does the AMA / FAA impose any other stuff?

Corbarrad

Coming over from UK. What paperwork do I need to fly? I have BMFA (British Model Flying Association) membership insurance and by then will also have a CAA-SUAS (Civil Aviation Authority - Small unmanned Aircraft Systems < 20Kg) license with PfAW (CAA Permission for Aerial Work). Will that be OK or does the AMA / FAA impose any other stuff?

That's an impressive amount of Acronyms...

Since Flite Fest is an AMA sanctioned event you'll need to register with them. There is a reduced rate they offer for foreign residents. Unless of course the BMFA has a special deal with them, which the DMFV, my national Model flight association does not.

I'm unsure whether the FAA have any idea on how to handle foreign pilots yet.
I've slogged through their proposed regulations once just before Christmas and the best I could find was:
"Yes, foreigners can register as a small UAS Pilot with us, but we're not allowed to regulate foreign aircraft, so your registration will only be good as a proof of ownership, not registration. Registration will have to be done by your own countries administration"

I'll register for Flite Fest as soon as i come home tonight and hope for the best. Worst comes to worst, I hear you can build the mini Mustang and Corsair to sub-250gr specs. I really want to get more than one flight in this year, but I'm going to have fun regardless.

My plan is to come in on Wednesday evening again and help with the setup, like last year.

monterx7

i plan on making up there this year, with the wife and RV. from the pictures of last year, it looked like a huge area, can i bring my gas golf cart? and are we allowed to bring pets/dogs?

thanks

Sharky

Hey guy's looking to go for the first time this year after watching the show for the last couple of years. I am hoping someone is going from colorado that I might share a ride with. I will pay for my half of all expenses. I do have one problem though I am in a friggen power wheelchair so if anyone has a pickup or a van thats willing to take a well traveled guy that is still more than able to drive and pay his half of the expenses let me know. Really hoping it can happen as I so want to finally make it this year.

Gryf

@ monterx7 -

The golf cart shouldn't be a problem, as the FT guys and volunteers run them all over the place. And it sure makes it easier to move your stuff around once you get there, especially if you end up camping a long way from the flightline. I'm sure more knowledgable voices will chime in...

Same with the dog, I would imagine. Max, the Bixlers' dog (official FT mascot?) is usually around somewhere, but again, other folks can probably provide better advice.

Gryf

monterx7

@ monterx7 -

The golf cart shouldn't be a problem, as the FT guys and volunteers run them all over the place. And it sure makes it easier to move your stuff around once you get there, especially if you end up camping a long way from the flightline. I'm sure more knowledgable voices will chime in...

Same with the dog, I would imagine. Max, the Bixlers' dog (official FT mascot?) is usually around somewhere, but again, other folks can probably provide better advice.

Gryf

thanks Gryf

i looked at the FAQ, but didnt find any info pertaining to pets or golf carts. im currently still waiting to get my wifes AMA #, to register us both, so i still have plenty of time. ill just end up emailing the FT crew so that i can get a more official answer.

thanks again

abieex

Mentor
If memory serves me I think pets are OK on leashes but it seems to me that golf carts and other motorized vehicles were not allowed. Hopefully a moderator will jump in soon.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I don't think there were motorized vehicles besides the "official crew" ones. It was pretty crowded anyway, so riding around wouldn't be much fun since you'd have to avoid people all the time and it'd probably destroy the grass even more than people walking around on it.

I'm not sure if I got it right, but I somehow got the hint from the latest podcast that it's going to be a bigger area this year, but I have no idea what the guys are planning.

quadsview

I'm not sure if I got it right, but I somehow got the hint from the latest podcast that it's going to be a bigger area this year, but I have no idea what the guys are planning.

I almost think I remember them saying something about get some of the neighbors ground.

krinaman

Any idea of what will be planted in the field next to the runway this year? With rotating crops I fear it will be corn this year which would be awful.