Fiat G-55 Centauro

leaded50

Legendary member
Single-engine single-seat World War II fighter aircraft used by the Regia Aeronautica and the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana in 1943–1945. It was designed and built in Turin by Fiat. The Fiat G.55 was arguably the best type produced in Italy during World War II, when the war ended, fewer than 300 had been built.
First flight 30 April 1942, using a license-built copy of the Daimler-Benz DB 605 .the G.55 was called "the best fighter in the Axis", and had higher
speed than the German BF109.

c97d8b6b1893fd9dc72bb4adb054cd5c.jpg

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
the start of internals:

Plan is approx 1200mm wingspan, that will give approc 950mm length, who is approx 10:1 scale
DSC_1370.JPG

Last edited:

cyclone3350

Master member
Awesome! I think for an encore, U need to do my favorite Fiat. The CR 42 Falco. A biplane that was able to hold its own against the Hurricanes over the Mediterranean.

leaded50

Legendary member
That sure is great looking plane. Especially impressed with the razorback
Did you know, some years earlier than this, the Italian pilots didnt want a cover canopy. Thats one of reason that its opening between canopy sides,and the razorback front.

cyclone3350

Master member
Looking @ the round wing tips, the size difference between the top & bottom wings, as well as those round formers, I'd think U R doing a Falco.