First FT Flyer build-need some recommendations

tinashubby

I am looking at this motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=34097
I believe it is a Blue Wonder clone?
It only recommends a 3 cell battery. Will 3 cell make a FT Flyer overpowered for a beginner, or will it make the plane easier to stick with and not become boring as a 2 cell might?
I was thinking of this battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=20415
If I go with three cell. Does the MAH look okay, or do I want something bigger?

Please forgive me if my questions are kinda dumb, I'm just starting out.

Thankyou for any advise you may have!

ofiesens2

Professional noob
On flitetest.com there is a FT article under scratch builds that gives you all the recommended radio and electronic gear, specifically toward the FT Flyer, Nutball, and Delta.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
I just got the parts for my flyer, and with a 3 cell and a 1300kv motor (18 amp ESC, still not shire how this number effects things) it has plenty of power to do vertical. :) If it's too much, you can always just not use it, but you might need it someday.

Imanewb

Thankyou for any advise you may have!

Not a dumb question at all. I am far from an authority on the subject but I would think It would opperate just fine on a 2c but you would want to alter the prop size to match. Sorry I dont know what prop exactly but maybe someone else will chime in and clerify.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"

The only dumb question is the one everyone laughs at you for asking. ;)

As far as your choice in motor, I use a motor with almost the same specs, a 3c 800mah battery and an 8x6 slofly prop and think it's a fine setup. Will it be too much for a beginner? That really depends on the beginner, but to be honest I would recommend my setup to almost anyone regardless of experience. My friends and I fly combat with these, so I think the blue wonder motor is a teensy bit under powered for that, but as a knock around flyer that setup would be great.

I would rethink your choice in battery. If you want decent flight times, grab an 800mah or 1000mah. As a matter of fact, grab about a half dozen of them. :D

Where are you located? If the US can I suggest looking into HURC? (Heads Up RC) they are in Florida, are lightning fast on the shipping, and an extreme pleasure to work with. You can have the 1500kv Blue Wonder and an 800mah 3c lipo delivered in 2 days for less than $25.

Just a thought.