First post - Newbie tip of the day: ALWAYS charge lipo batteries in a fire proof location or fire proof bag.

MillerTime

I just lost a plane, my remote, every battery I own, 2 chargers, a welder, and a few other little things. Luckily the rest of the shop is ok other than some smoke damage.

Timmy

Legendary member
I just lost a plane, my remote, every battery I own, 2 chargers, a welder, and a few other little things. Luckily the rest of the shop is ok other than some smoke damage.
Dang... that's too bad. I allways charge my batteries on a granite counter. Not sure how safe that is but that's all I got

MillerTime

Dang... that's too bad. I allways charge my batteries on a granite counter. Not sure how safe that is but that's all I got
Much better than a plastic tub. I just bought a small fireproof file box to use, once I get some more batteries that is.

Sly Fox

You can get a lipo bag on Amazon pretty cheap. After reading a couple articles about lipo dangers, I found an 8 1/2. X 11 lipo bag. Have an old ammo can for storage.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I've been lucky so far. I've treated a lot of my lipos pretty poorly and bloated a handful. I do not charge them when I'm away/asleep/ or anything where I can't attend to them, but I really need to get a couple fireproof bags and ammo cans.

Bricks

Master member
I've been lucky so far. I've treated a lot of my lipos pretty poorly and bloated a handful. I do not charge them when I'm away/asleep/ or anything where I can't attend to them, but I really need to get a couple fireproof bags and ammo cans.

I am pretty much like you but I do have lipo bags and metal ammunition can I keep most in but looking across my bench I have 5 lipos laying around, never charge when I am not around and always check when charging that non are getting warm as I may have up to 12 batteries charging at one time.