First Sport Cub

Hatch

Hello all,
I was recently gifted a bunch of RC planes by a buddy who acquired them from a deceased relative. He had no interest, and weirdly, neither did his kids.
I've always been interested, so I came and got them, 8 planes and a DX6e. After a few weeks of research, I sorted out that two were beginner, three intermediate, and the rest expert.
I started out with the Sport Cub S2, since I learned thru research that this plane's SAFE mode was THE way to start out.
I took it for it's maiden voyage, and immediately looped it into several hard landings and decided I wasn't yet ready. I watched all the flitetest beginner series, and then FINALLY read the flight manual where I realized I had originally tried it in expert mode :ROFLMAO:
When I tried again, with it actually in SAFE mode, I fell in love immediately!
Now, I've been flying a couple times a week, and am getting quite comfortable with safe mode. However, as soon as I switch over to intermediate mode, the plane noses up, then dive bombs. I know this must be a set up issue, most likely just simply being tail heavy - which I learned is "baad mmk"
So, what direction should I go with correcting CG? I was thinking weighting the nose, but it's already a relatively slow craft, and I don't want to make it harder for the small motor and TINY batteries...

Timmy

Legendary member
I started with safe mode too but then stitched to the TT for training. You could try to reduce tail weight somehow, move the batteries forward or use bigger batteries (if you have any)