First time fpv help needed:):)

ageorge

Hey guys im just about to order some fpv gear but need some advice uptill now i have shortlisted the goggles to

Eachine VRD2-http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D2-5-Inches-800480-40CH-Raceband-5_8G-Diversity-FPV-Goggles-with-DVR-Lens-Adjustable-p-1074866.html?rmmds=cart

And the

Eachine VR009-http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR009-5_8G-40CH-FPV-Goggles-800x480-5-Inch-Video-Glasses-Headset-p-1081887.html?rmmds=search

Everything is soo similar in advantages
The vrd2 has diversity antennas wheras the vr009 has only one,both resulutions are same but the vr009 has audio and auto search.Thats about the only differences.Any idea or suggestions on what i should go for?Any experiences?

Also the camera i will surely buy is the Eachine tx03-http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TX03-Super-Mini-025mW50mW200mW-Switchable-AIO-5_8G-72CH-VTX-600TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-Camera-p-1104884.html?rmmds=search

If i buy any of the two goggles and this camera i will need nothing else except for a battery for the cam right?Thanks soooo much

Ashyle

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
A matched pair of circular polarized antennas. The standard dipole "rubber duckie" antennas have poor range. I use the generic Aomways which are about 22 dollars a pair. You can go with others but they can quickly get pretty pricey depending on the name that is on them. Just make sure what ever ones you get that they are the same direction as there are right handed and left handed versions. The only other thing to watch out for is the connector that will be needed to work with what ever goggles you get. That will either be an SMA connector or a reverse SMA connector (AKA male or female)

ageorge

What would the antennas be for?Is it for the goggles?If yes then they are included in the package already.Ps ado the antennas included in the vrd2 or the vr009 suffer from poor range as you had mentioned?They dont seem to be standard diapole right?Sorry i dont know much :)

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 7.15.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 7.15.44 PM.png

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok the 02's specifically state they come with a "Mushroom and a Patch" antenna so you would only need a rhcp antenna for the transmitter on the quad. Note the connector on the goggles is RP-sma. That will not necessarily be true on the receiver. The 009's only state they come with an antenna. The pictures show a "mushroom" but that is not guaranteed as some of their other products show the rubber ducky and state just antenna as well. That one is SMA connector so the two goggles use different style connectors.

These antennas will perform much better then a straight dipole for sure. Specially that patch if it is a true 8 dbi. I am not sure how well they are made compared with name brands like Immersion or IBCrazys or Aomways but should be decent upgrade from dipoles.

ageorge

Ahh i see thanks!!i also just found the eachine googles 2 they look fantastic same features diversity but 1080p!!they will probs be the one I buy but the rest of the features are prett much the same they are basically the vr009 and vrd2 combined!!!thanks so much mr psyborg the help you have given me is immense thanks so much for helping me into the hobby!

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Any time mate. Its what we all do here. I am sure at some point you will be able to pass it forward and help someone else as well.

ageorge

Hey guys! i have one other question unfortunately my eyes are useless my number is -5.5 in both eyes and without glasses i cant see a tv screen clearly 6 feet away.My question is do i need glasses if i buy the eachine goggles 2?I am near sighted and can read a book about 7 inches away.on the website it says you can see the screen if your glasses are under 400 degrees without glasses.What does that mean?Does that just mean -4 number?Because i sure can see a tv screen clearly with glasses of -3.U guys think i will be able to see the screen fairly well?Or will i be able to fit glasses lens in?Thanks guys

Here are the glasses http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Gog...HDMI-FPV-Goggles-Video-Glasses-p-1094862.html