Solved Fpv goggles

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The D suffixed one has TWO receivers and the picture will be shown from whichever receiver has a stronger signal. The aim is two put an Omni ariel on one and a directional (higher gain) ariel on the other.

OlliePackman

The D suffixed one has TWO receivers and the picture will be shown from whichever receiver has a stronger signal. The aim is two put an Omni ariel on one and a directional (higher gain) ariel on the other.
I don't really know what I'm talking about with drones so if I say that I want to use it with a nazgul5 4s, which one do I need.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I don't really know what I'm talking about with drones so if I say that I want to use it with a nazgul5 4s, which one do I need.
the one with diversity will normally give you a better signal... or will at least have a better chance of a better signal. [that is the difference].

I would recommend getting one with diversity as that lets you put on different antennas.

OlliePackman

the one with diversity will normally give you a better signal... or will at least have a better chance of a better signal. [that is the difference].

I would recommend getting one with diversity as that lets you put on different antennas.
With diversity?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Diversity means the unit will switch to the receiver that has the strongest signal. That way you can use an omni antenna for close flight and a directional patch for longer range / better penetration of objects like trees and buildings.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Both will work with your Nazgul, Its just all about how. good of signal you want, If you are flying relatively close, you probably won't notice a difference, but as you go farther and behind things the diversity can be really useful to extend your range. You can also mix different types of antennas, such as a patch and an omnidirectional, to give more range. Either way, the specs on the goggles are the same, its just an additional RX module you are paying for. In my mind, it is well worth it, especially as these goggles will grow with you through your FPV Journey.