First timer, What to get

KShay

I'm a newbie and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help.I am interested in Rc planes.

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
What interests you? Fixed wing, Helicopter, multi-rotor?

You have to know your destination before you can plan the journey. :D

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Check out the beginner series if you haven't already. Find where you are going to fly, base type of plane on that (landing gear, glider, jet etc.) Work basics out, learn the plane before you buy it. I personally love gliders, but most people adore 3d, which usually starts out with a trainer. Research good trainers like the super cub for basics, bixler for 4 channel and power-glider. Either way HAVD FUN AND HAPPY FLYING!!! :):D

earthsciteach

Welcome to the forum, KShay! We've all been at the same spot you are now and it seems very daunting. The good news is, RC flight is REALLY accessible and attainable these days! But, Like RoyBro said, can you tell us what your interests are? We can then be of better help!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Simulator first. Doesn't matter which one, they all will teach you orientation and the muscle memory you need to quickly react.

www.rcdeskpilot.com is free and I've made most of the FT planes for it. (I'm currently working on making the rest.)

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
I agree, a simulator would be nice, if you opt to not spend that much, and don't want a larger plane, the duet is good, but I personally would go with the champ. I still would consider simulators, then a larger plane, but that's just me. Do you think you will head down glider lane or aerobatic avenue, as that can have an effect (yes, the bixler or bixler 2/3 no flaps).

Last edited:

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I have both the duet and the champ. I learned repairs with the champ and learned to fly with the duet.