Flite Fest 2017: Folkerts Sk.4 -- no compromises!

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Reposted from the event thread:

What a fun race! I was super nervous and unprepared. Destroyed my intended 3s battery in a crash less than a week from FFE and was left having to patch the Folkerts together at that (for the third time!). Got it done, complete with fiberglassing the repairs, and when we arrived, Ben stepped up with a pair of 4s batteries which did the job excellently so that I got in two successful test flights prior to the race (including a midair and an out-of-it pilot walking in front of my plane when it was 2' off the ground).

As others have said, Keegan can't count, but that's ok...I made two additional circuits before landing just to burn off some stress (and execute a victory roll over the flight line). As it turned out, my left aileron servo stripped just prior to the race and was barely holding on (probably due to the aforementioned midair), but I had just enough right roll authority to control the torque.

The event ended up a turning contest, and the Folkerts did an amazing job at this, flying the race in a steep bank at half to 2/3 throttle. When we did the fun fly in lieu of the Bixler Cup (with a new aileron servo), I did open it up a couple times, but the smaller battery from my collection sagged pretty badly. Fun nevertheless, not to mention getting off four perfect landings with a heavily loaded airplane.