Flite Fest Videos

baronbernie

It was while I was listening to the 2016 "The return of the FT podcast" podcast and after hearing Austin suggesting that "If you were unable to be at Flite Fest, keep an eye on Flite Fest.com that a great idea came to me. Why not create a video with all the highlights and interviews during the event. Obviously there is much more to creating a Flite Test quality video, but you get the idea. This suggestion is to give the people that were unable to be at flite fest a representative idea of what went on.

baronbernie

You have seen videos of other plane radio control events, right?

There is much more that goes on than what they show during these short videos. What about showing others at the event and what they were doing? What about the music that went on, show more of what went on during the build events, what about some of the creative planes by other builders?

Sir you need to look at other such videos that are available. To Me the Flite Fest video that was best put together was the 2014 much more information was available.

How many videos have you put together :mad:?

Spitfire222

Not a skater
You have seen videos of other plane radio control events, right?

There is much more that goes on than what they show during these short videos. What about showing others at the event and what they were doing? What about the music that went on, show more of what went on during the build events, what about some of the creative planes by other builders?

Sir you need to look at other such videos that are available. To Me the Flite Fest video that was best put together was the 2014 much more information was available.

Are you serious? They decided to go with multiple videos this year intead of only one for precisely the reason you state: there was so much that happened, they wanted to showcase more of it for those that were unable to attend. As far as I know, they haven't finished with their Flite Fest recap videos, so there is likely more to come.

I was there, and I think these videos are doing an excellent job of showing what it was like for those that missed it. But there's only so much they could film with the resources (i.e. camera men) they have.

Give them a break. You're coming off as an entitled jerk. Some people just can't be pleased it seems...:rolleyes:

baronbernie

My message was not to condemn them but to go and create a video to sell with more and different content.

You are right, they have only so much time to film what they think the FT community may like and then mingle with the community. Maybe getting someone to do the video work would be an idea to look into.

For others, a entire short video taken through the lens of a multi rotor craft in the air showing a field of pilots might be alright, but for me not so interesting. You enjoy watching things one way, but I enjoy watching things another. That's what makes each of us so unique. Also it is this difference in thinking that causes film makers to create bigger and better videos.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

I have not put videos together, but I've collected a few in a playlist if you accept other sources too:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf6gnmw8ZsG5cWUWeUoP6oeq_52WixmPC

There's probably a lot more missing still, but you can find most of them by searching for "Flite Fest 2016".

And I'm not sure if the Flite Test videos on Flite Fest 2016 were all so far. The amount of footage they got has probably a lot more potential.

baronbernie

I have not put videos together, but I've collected a few in a playlist if you accept other sources too:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf6gnmw8ZsG5cWUWeUoP6oeq_52WixmPC

There's probably a lot more missing still, but you can find most of them by searching for "Flite Fest 2016".

And I'm not sure if the Flite Test videos on Flite Fest 2016 were all so far. The amount of footage they got has probably a lot more potential.

I have produced 8 well directed long play videos with sound. Classes from New York City in photography and video in a self study setting to produce videos to educate and inform others in a chosen subject were studied. Much time in researching not only the subject matter but what is already known about a subject is needed and required.

Yes of course other videos from other sources are acceptable. Not just acceptable but wise. In just about any form of study for any subject, information from other books and DVD's are used to validate, correct and generate questions in colleges, high schools and technical education classes and more everyday. Just like you, I too have many playlists on YouTube for just these reasons. Inspiration comes to everyone when they research something and as Flite Test has provided interest and inspiration to millions.

Spitfire222

Not a skater
I have produced 8 well directed long play videos with sound. Classes from New York City in photography and video in a self study setting to produce videos to educate and inform others in a chosen subject were studied. Much time in researching not only the subject matter but what is already known about a subject is needed and required.

Yes of course other videos from other sources are acceptable. Not just acceptable but wise. In just about any form of study for any subject, information from other books and DVD's are used to validate, correct and generate questions in colleges, high schools and technical education classes and more everyday. Just like you, I too have many playlists on YouTube for just these reasons. Inspiration comes to everyone when they research something and as Flite Test has provided interest and inspiration to millions.

Good for you. What's your point?