Solved FlySky FS-GT2F & FS-A3 doing really weird stuff / I can't get them to work.

DazzaJay

Firstly, Sorry, this thread is about a car rather than a plane, but i figured because FlySky makes so much aviation stuff, you guys might have the knowledge I'm looking for.

I received a FlySky FS-GT2F & FS-A3 pack as a Christmas present, (Which is good, because my old AM 29mhz receiver finally died) - But i can't seem to get it to work.
As this is my first 2.4ghz controller and receiver it's quite possible I'm just being an idiot.

Issues: the controller doesn't seem to talk to the receiver properly, or the receiver itself is being erratic.

It would be much easier just to show you what it's doing, so here is what it's doing in a video:
FlySky FS-GT2F & FS-A3 not working. Please help. - YouTube

If for some reason you can't watch the video, here's the symptoms:
When turning on the receiver and the controller, the controller's green light is flashing, and the receiver's red light is solid. the motor will spin up to full speed and remain stuck at full. for a brief second the motor will slow down when this happens the receiver's light will blink, but it will then immediately go back to solid and the engine will return to full speed. some time later the green light on the controller will stop flashing and become solid. the receiver's red light will then start flashing and the motor will slow down. (but not stop). after this, all inputs on the controller are ignored by the receiver.

If i then turn it all off and back on, while the controller's green light is flashing, if i make inputs to the trigger or the steering wheel, the receiver will erratically respond to these inputs. but it will continue doing it's own thing, changing speed or steering position randomly on it's own until it becomes unresponsive.

I have also swapped the speed controller and the steering servo's socket positions on the receiver. and this way around has an extra interesting symptom. once the receiver becomes unresponsive, the Futaba MC330CR will start beeping to indicate that it is not receiving any instructions from the receiver.

I have tried using the pairing cable, and have followed many guides online to pair the controller to the receiver, but this has had no effect.

has anyone else had issues with FlySky stuff? and if so, how did you fix it? / was it fixable? does anybody know how to get this working? is this a fault with the device? any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
.....the motor will spin up to full speed and remain stuck at full....
It's possible you need to reverse the throttle channel. When it is in this state, do you have any control. throttle, steering?

...has anyone else had issues with FlySky stuff? ...
I have used a lot of FlySky stuff, I have found it to be just as reliable as any other brand.

...is this a fault with the device?
As with any brand, sometimes the product is faulty, it happens.

any information or help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not a car guy. I looked up your speed controller, I noticed the PWM runs at 1.5 kHz. I'm pretty sure the Rx is running at 50 kHz. Not sure what your servos are running at.

Is the 1.5 kHz PWM a car thing or is it a AM 29mhz thing? If the stuff on your car is all 1.5 kHz and the Rx is at 50 kHz, that is going to be problem. It's not going to work and may explain the erratic behavior, as sometimes the pulses just lineup.

Last edited:

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
It's possible you need to reverse the throttle channel. When it is in this state, do you have any control. throttle, steering?

I have used a lot of FlySky stuff, I have found it to be just as reliable as any other brand.

As with any brand, sometimes the product is faulty, it happens.

I'm not a car guy. I looked up your speed controller, I noticed the PWM runs at 1.5 kHz. I'm pretty sure the Rx is running at 50 kHz. Not sure what your servos are running at.

Is the 1.5 kHz PWM a car thing or is it a AM 29mhz thing? If the stuff on your car is all 1.5 kHz and the Rx is at 50 kHz, that is going to be problem. It's not going to work and may explain the erratic behavior, as sometimes the pulses just lineup.
That’s some of the same behavior I got when I set mine to 400khz for digital but forgot it and tried to fly a plane later, finally remembered and put it back to 50

DazzaJay

Sorry for the slow reply. (hadn't been checking back frequently because the thread was held for review, as it was my first ever post here)

Got it working with help of HobbiesDirect (Where the parts were purchased from here in Australia)

Turns out, my brand new Energizer Max Plus Alkaline batteries that i had put in the transmitter were faulty.
Swapped them out for some half-charged rechargeable batteries and now everything works properly.

Yep, the full throttle thing was the reverse switch on the transmitter too :)

But yeah, everything's working now. my 2 year old son was chasing it up and down the driveway a few hours ago :)

Thanks for all the help guys! it was greatly appreciated!