Forgive me David, for I have sinned.

Patrick

Hi everyone, welcome to my first post! Please come in, take your coat off, sit down, stay a while. Please take off your shoes as I don't want my first post to get all sandy and what not. Thank you.

Today I looked at my Versa Wing and said "sorry, david I really over powered this thing." I then raised a fist and said "Amurika!"

I thought it would be funny to share some electrically irresponsible things, and putting too much motor on your plane. The last two podcasts the American tendency to over indulge has come up. I've started to enjoy properly powering my aircraft. Look, I'm not a bad person, I'm a product of my culture, I am applying a mindfulness approach to this conditioning and will over power the compulsion to over power!

So, I'm sorry David, I put a turnigy sk3 3530 1340kv motor on my versa wing. I had to put two 3300mah batteries in the front to counter the weight. Flies forever though if I don't firewall it much. Like 35 minutes. It's a bit of an ox though. Probably be a good long range fpv wing, but I only have 2.4 control right now.

Eflite park 480 on a FT 3D, and a Baby Blender. What?

I suppose these aren't too awful maybe, but still way too much I think.

Anyone else trying to get past this tendency?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well, other than the fact that bixler designed the Versa...

Welcome to the forum!
I got over that self destructive urge for vertical a while ago...until I built the Bloody Wonder!

My spitfire has less than 80 watts per pound, and my Blu babies usually have only 30 watts per pound!

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Patrick,
The only thing that keeps me from doing that is the fact that I hate bringing my planes down to change the battery. The hexTronik 24 gram 1300kv on my BW gives me ~23 minutes with a 3S 2200. My Duster is overpowered, and I love it! The problem is, my ESC kept having to tell me when to "land" it. :)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
What's wrong with more power? In thinking we need a +100mph dtfb model...

My FT-22's have a rewound 2826-5 22g D with 4 cell 2000s on a 5.25x6.5 prop.
They have been clocked (no radar gun) at 110. ;)

Oh and it only draws 4 amps at cruise. I can stay up a Loooong time!

SteevyT

Park 370 3100Kv motor with a 6.6:1 gearbox driving a 12x8 propellor on a plane weighing in at less than a pound. Powered by a 3S 1300 battery.

By the way, this was my first plane.

A 2826 2200KV with 2200mah 7x5 prop on a versa wing with 3 to 4 oz in the nose screams pretty darn well. Takes off a 18 in launcher .

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
I built a smash drone and put on a suppo 2208/14 with 3s 1300 and it flies at 1/4 throttle so i am going with a 2s and see if it will be a better power balance.

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
1400 kv motor 60 amp speed control with a 8x8 apc prop...... have we all been there?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Ok, ok, so I'm breaking my own rule for my FW-250... 500 watts/lbs. Only on 4s but even on 3s it'll be around 250.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Its an EDF, call it the same as 250/125. However, I did see a Dynam A-10 with 900!!! watts per pound. I thought it was going to go into orbit!