Forum Search function...inoperable?

the_law_man01

To whom it may concern,

I just tried using the Advanced Search function to search the forums. I searched for "edf", "64mm", and "ft-3d". I got a "No Results" message for each of those.

Thanks,

Joe

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Did you select any of the additional functions available in the Advanced Search section?

the_law_man01

I clicked your link. It says something along the lines of "Sorry. Nothing found. Try something different." Very strange.

I did choose different options. I also did a standard search by simply typing each of those search terms mentioned earlier, individually, into the standard search bar on the home screen. Same results.

FPVology

is your web browser outdated? my office is to cheap to update (our systems wont work with newer browsers) and sometimes it wont let me search properly

BankNYank!

Mentor
I doubt it. It works on all of the other forums. Oh well.

What browser are you using? Is it up to date? Are you on Windows, Mac or other? Have you tried using a different browser? Sometimes add-ons will interfere. If your using a browser with add-ons (most have several add-ons)try temporarily disabling them to see if you get search results. If you do you can re-enable your add-ons then disable and test one at a time until you find the culprit.

If it's not an add-on and you are using internet explorer try the following.

1. Hold down the windows key and press the letter 'R'. This will open the run dialog box.
2. Type in "inetcpl.cpl" without the quotes. This will open internet properties.
3. You'll see a bunch of tabs running across the top of the internet properties window. Select the one furthest to the right which is labeled "Advanced".
4. Under the advanced tab look near the bottom and you'll see a button that says "Restore advanced settings". Click/tap this button.
5. Click "Apply" if highlighted then click "OK".
Note: This process does not remove any of you personal settings, add-ons or bookmarks. This only resets the advanced settings in the box directly above the button.

If your browser is open close it then reopen it and try searching again. If this doesn't resolve the issue try getting back with us and we can suggest some more options.

As with any suggestions this is "Follow At Your Own Risk" and I am not responsible for a misstep of directions on the end users part.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

SpecialEd

Three suggestions if your having problems (as I am not having these issues either):

Google Chrome
Open a new "incognito" window: CTRL - SHIFT - N
This allows you to access the web without using your existing cache/cookie data which is nice since I absolutely hate to clear out my browser's cache.

Firefox
Open a new "private" window: CTRL - SHIFT - P
This allows you to access the web without using your existing cache/cookie data which is nice since I absolutely hate to clear out my browser's cache.

Use external search engine
While the Flite Test Forum's search appears to work very well, most forums on the internet have awful internal search features. This can be worked around by using domain specific queries on your favorite search engine such as:

"edf" site:forum.flitetest.com

https://www.google.com/search?q="edf" site:forum.flitetest.com