Solved Issues with the search function have been fixed!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
EDIT: it has been fixed!
So I needed to update some of my threads, and I tried to find them again through the search tool. I searched, "Bristol" for my Bristol m1 build, and this popped up:
1615689851807.png

next I tried searching Pt-19 since I needed to update that thread and the same thing again. At this point I was concerned, so I looked up, "Sparrow," because tons of people made threads on the FT Sparrow, and again nothing. I decided to see if it was just a problem with the search function, so I tried to find threads on other topics. I searched, "FW-190" because there have been several recent threads, but only one popped up. So, it was still possible to search stuff.
1615690052930.png

I thought perhaps it may be just with the search function filtering results past a certain date, so I checked my "your content" tab. Previously there was a maximum of 10 pages of results which used to be full, but now just this:
1615690171513.png

So, has something happened to threads before Thursday? I'd like to see other Flite Testers try the same thing to see if something is actually wrong with the forums.
Edit: This also seems to apply to the "find all threads" feature to.

Last edited:

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I'm getting no results too. And others have commented they get no results with simple search terms. FT forum: you're fired.
Darn. Basically all of my build progress photos were on threads, and they include info on the insides of planes which I can't see once they're covered. Not to mention all the older threads and knowledge from those.

Darn. Basically all of my build progress photos were on threads, and they include info on the insides of planes which I can't see once they're covered. Not to mention all the older threads and knowledge from those.
I don't think threads are lost. I think the search engine isn't working right.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
It appears there may have been an update on Mar 11, and it may have caused the issue with the searches. It has been reported, but it wouldn't hurt for others to report it, too.
It appears to be only a search issue.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So I needed to update some of my threads, and I tried to find them again through the search tool. I searched, "Bristol" for my Bristol m1 build, and this popped up: View attachment 195290
next I tried searching Pt-19 since I needed to update that thread and the same thing again. At this point I was concerned, so I looked up, "Sparrow," because tons of people made threads on the FT Sparrow, and again nothing. I decided to see if it was just a problem with the search function, so I tried to find threads on other topics. I searched, "FW-190" because there have been several recent threads, but only one popped up. So, it was still possible to search stuff. View attachment 195291
I thought perhaps it may be just with the search function filtering results past a certain date, so I checked my "your content" tab. Previously there was a maximum of 10 pages of results which used to be full, but now just this: View attachment 195292
So, has something happened to threads before Thursday? I'd like to see other Flite Testers try the same thing to see if something is actually wrong with the forums.
Same thing happened to me the other day when I was looking for plans for the easy edge. I went to “your threads” and was able to find my build-ruary entry with the link to the plans, and the thread was was still there but yeah, I wasn’t able to get it by searching or looking for content by headbang (the guy who designed it.)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
It appears there may have been an update on Mar 11, and it may have caused the issue with the searches. It has been reported, but it wouldn't hurt for others to report it, too.
It appears to be only a search issue.
Where can we report the issue?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Same thing happened to me the other day when I was looking for plans for the easy edge. I went to “your threads” and was able to find my build-ruary entry with the link to the plans, and the thread was was still there but yeah, I wasn’t able to get it by searching or looking for content by headbang (the guy who designed it.)
Good to know they're not permanently gone, just the forums' equivalent to unlisted.

Ducky84

Okay I thought I was losing my mind.

I used to get tons of results for things I'm still learning but I'm hardly getting any results now.

Glad it's not just me.