FPV Ground Station

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Ever wonder how the guys from Flite Test get all that gorgeous FPV footage? Well, here is the episode that explains it all. Set up, components used and different types of FPV stations will be explained, and will definitely quench your thirst for knowledge in how the Flite Test boys fly FPV. You've waited almost 100 episodes for this release, so sit back, make a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show!

see_article.png

UltraMicro

I i'm starting in to fpv and already have a good long fpv system. I heard that the dx8 which i have only goes about 2000ft. Is there a way i can easily boost the range to at least 1.5miles?

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor

UltraMicro

I have a DX8 and decided against using it for FPV. I decided it was much easier in the long run to go the Turnigy 9x/FrSky module route. there's a thread about it here that i started.

http://flitetest.com/forum/showthread.php?506-Turnigy-9X-with-FrSky-module
Can you give me both links to the equipment and the total cost? I'm pretty sure i know what your talking about but i want links from you to be solid sure. Also can you show me a picture of the setup? How far should it go with this setup?

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
it's all in post #9

Supposed to reach out to 10km/6.2mi.

The FrSky module with the V8 RX is $38 from Hobby King

FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR RX

FrSKY 2.4GHz patch antenna for $15

and finally the 2.4GHz 1W amplifier for FrSky for $45.

I went this route because of cost since I'm just getting into FPV...10KM is farther than I'll be flying for a while...plus this setup will plug right into the Turnigy 9x.

View attachment 862