R/C with Dogs

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

dogs-12-png_1420662052.jpg

Some of you may recognize this member of the Flite Test family, but for those who don't, let us introduce you to Hoffy!

dogs-9-png_1420661843.jpg

Hoffy is a puppy at heart with the body of full grown dog. In other words, he's kind of insane.
We are always recommending the hobby to help connect with your loved ones so why exclude your furry loved ones?
You can enjoy the hobby and get your pet some exercise at the same time!

dogs-2-png_1420661630.jpg

The Snowball is essentially a frisbee that you only have to throw once. Dogs just can't resist.

dogs-1-png_1420661614.jpg

dogs-3-png_1420661583.jpg

If you dog does end up eating your plane (don't say we didn't warn you!) why not instead use the dog to help you fly.

dogs-4-png_1420661686.jpg

Say hello to the most adorable high start you've ever seen!

dogs-5-png_1420661647.jpg

We attached an FT Simple Soarer to Hoffy to see how high he could tow us up.

dogs-6-png_1420661678.jpg

dogs-7-png_1420661708.jpg

dogs-8-png_1420661818.jpg

Let's just say the G-forces applied by one-dog-power high starts are greater than you may expect!

If you want to check out a successful tow, we tried this behind-the-scenes a few summers ago and you can see the video on our FT Extra page!

For those of you who haven't already heard about FT Extra, it's all the hours and hours of stuff that we can't really fit into an episode but we still want to share with you the viewer. We plan to release these videos on the off days we don't post offical episodes (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday).

FT Extra is funded by your optional donations. This is for people who still want to support us but might not have enough to pick up a Speed Build Kit.

You can donate at: http://flitetest.com/extra/subscribe

Wether it's a dollar or a hunderd we greatly appreciate anything and everything you all have been donating and we thank you for it! The donations are NOT required to view the content, but we always appreciate the support!

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
I am surprised the wings folded, my FT SS wing has survived many high-starts. Next time use a CF or plywood spar?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You do know who we call Hoffy (ok, actually "The Hoff") here in Germany, right? :)

PropSpinner

Is Hoffy a doodle?

Here is my Goldendoodle. Got him up in Northeast Ohio.

Attachments

• 20140323_175704614_iOS.jpg
    20140323_175704614_iOS.jpg
    918.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20121229_185734624_iOS.jpg
    20121229_185734624_iOS.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140322_232128694_iOS.jpg
    20140322_232128694_iOS.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Jimmyp

Here is my Murphy taking a rest at Flite Fest
Murphy taking a rest at Flite Fest reduced.jpg

I love the article. I am an dog lover and RC lover. The two things do go together.
My Labradoodle loves to go to the field to fly with me. I exercise him all the time using the plane. I think that he thinks its a big game of fetch. Whenever I come back in for a landing he runs over to the plane to say here it is buddy. I got lots of youtube of Murphy playing with my planes
Here is a couple quick videos of Murphy having fun with RC.

Attachments

• IMG_20141010_135122.jpg
    IMG_20141010_135122.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
That right there was a fantastic episode. I also got a kick out of Peter freezing in the cold. Come South young man!

PropSpinner

Beautiful animals guys!

Murphy's law says, "What can happen will happen". I agree with those who say that spinning props and animals don't mix. In my 45 years of model planes I have cut myself a few times thinking I was being careful. If I brought one of our dogs home injured by a model plane my wife and kids would put me in the doghouse .

That being said, I loved the episode.

One of my all time favorite episodes! Great way to include the family pet, he loved it!

For the safety conscious: pretty small prop and very low power. We have spent over $300 on vet bills (4 trips) to stitch up our dog's face from running full song through barbed wire fences chasing coyotes! I think he has it figured out now.

I will get a harness and try the glider launch, What a hoot! The only thing that went wrong in the episode is the glider was launched too steep or the tow hook was too far back.

Do more of these please!