FPV Racing World Challenge

FRIP

Hi, everyone

FRIP

(FPV Racing - International Pilots) is a racing league that aims
to bring together professional and semi-professional drones pilots in order
to create year-round FPV (First Person View) public and broadcasted wild happenings.

Top sensations in speed, mobility, flexibility and emotions, with wireless cameras broadcasting
live on the web and a professional filming crew directly on site, we bet many net-viewers
will be interested in the transmission of such a race!

The present FRIP founders offers this possibility to demonstrate to a world wide
audience, through web and tv shows, the incredible skills of the best radio controlled drones
actually available on the market.

With the structure we provide, drones are now ready to demonstrate their amazing agility
to the general public.

Want to see what your favorite driver sees from the air?
Want to live a high-flying experience along with the best drones ever?

Welcome to a genuine FRIP experience!

www.fpvchallenge.com

cinosh07

We're working hard to complete this project. It will be broadcast live with Ares Interactive Media. The new era in Interactive Broadcast technologies.

Any help, suggestions really appreciated.

Carl Tremblay

eagle4

Hey cinosh07 and FRIP. welcome to the forums.

This sounds awesome and something i've thought of before. Just wondering how you're going to stop people from knocking out other people's video signals. it'd be easy for someone to have a small transmitter in their pocket and be able to take down other pilots by stepping all over their video.

Where in Montreal are you? I live in the plateau

oh and you might also like to look into the forums over at www.basement-rc.com lots of awesome fpv pilots there and we are fairly local too

Last edited:

cinosh07

Hi eagle4,

i`m living in nuns island and FRIP on southshore.
for frequency piracy we didn`t think of it yet. But a thing is sure, doing interference, on purpose, on any frequecies is a federal crime in USA and in Canada. Really easy to find where the signal come from and find who`s trying to do that.

I fly a lot in parks along the st-laurence in verdun and Lasalle and i have also nice spot here in nuns island. Maybe we can meet there someday and fly together.

Carl

cinosh07

Hi guys,

I'm one of the promoter for this event. I'm working in TV production for 25 years now. I'm RC pilot since 30 years and fpver. Involved in Formula 1 for 4 years with my partner in this fpv racing project .
FPV Racing World Challenge is a work in progress project. We are working now on finalizing the registration website, and also working on the productions of the first 2 qualifying events.
Those events will serve as prove of concept to find major sponsors to fund the production of the championship.

For those who think the project "a none starter" cause of regulations, you didn't notice the fact that we will produce indoor events (Where laws forbid to do it outside) and outdoor events.
For outdoor events, pilots will not be paid, not directly for piloting, so that an highly skilled amateur racing pilots, that we will take the feed from the air, to produce the content.

We didn`t break any laws like this, for sure in Canada it`s not a problem.

Now we need to know your interest on the project, we need pilots for the first 2 events.

Speak on this forum about the project and check for the registration opening on our website http://www.fpvchallenge.com

Cheers

eagle4

As for the frequency piracy. i was at a meet a couple of weeks ago flying along happily and someone turned on his transmitter on my channel, only for a couple of seconds, enough for me to suddenly find a tree ;) sure it'd be illegal, but people do funny things when there could be money on the line. I'm just trying to help out :)

That's awesome mate. I've always thought the giant field in front of Douglas Hospital would make for a great flying spot.
I'd love to fly with you at some stage mate. :) my only problem is I don't have a car, so getting anywhere with my gear is a bit tricky.

Seeing as you're connected with the F1... I wonder if a wing race around the F1 track could be possible?

FRIP

Hello everyone :)

Just thought you might be interested to come visit us at our Brand New Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/fpvchallenge ! Our racing track is looking better and better every day and we will soon post some pictures and videos here... We've been able to put a hand on some cool national tv shows decors which the broadcasters had to get rid of before the next season: we're quite happy with it!

Looking forward to meet you guys!
Ben