FPV at Flight Fest needs direction.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Then this is an error on my part as most of the 900mhz stuff (albeit very few as I have little interest in long range) was being flown with power levels in the 1 to 2 watt range from ground stations. Granted this was over 4 years ago before the 5 inch invasion started.
It's plausible that someone could use that much power, but not "line of site" of their spotter.... ;-P They come in a variety of powers just like any other Vtx. 200mw for example https://www.readymaderc.com/products/details/1258-1280mhz-mini-200mw-transmitter And again, even if they were running 2watts, they would not stomp on any other band.

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
FWIW, I inquired about using FPV frequencies other than 5.8Ghz at FFO with the "proper channels". They were very open to it and agreed it would not interfere with anything they were doing. Obviously power up goggles first to make sure nobody was on the frequency first. The idea was that I would still fly from the official FPV area so people would not assume I was a rogue FPV pilot. Never managed to get any of my 1.3 gear going though, was too busy doing other things. Funny how most of that stuff I thought would get done there just never happened!

It could be plausible to have areas at both ends of the field on 5.8 @ 25mw. The big thing is keeping physical seperation and making sure nobody is flying outside of predefined areas. If they start wandering into the middle of the field, all bets are off.

LB