Frysky DHT in a Futaba Skysport T4YBF

MrPartyPanda

So I have this old Futaba Skysport T4YBF and its a 72MHz, and I was wondering if I could upgrade it to a 2.4Ghz system if so could I use a Frysky DHT in it to make it work and if so how? If anyone needs some pictures of the inside of the transmitter I will gladly take some. I just need to see if it will work and dont have to buy a new Transmitter.

MrPartyPanda

Here are a couple pictures of the inside of the controller if anyone would like to help. 1400015168470_zps7802bea2.jpg 1400015129179_zpsf7f5ec34.jpg

cb203

Wow, the connection points are even labeled for you. That's handy! Did you do anything to switch between the 72 MHz module and the DHT?

I am wanting to upgrade my very old Futaba Conquest 4 channel. However in my case, the 72 MHz module was never upgraded to 1991 standard and can't be used legally (no gold sticker), so I plan to remove it. I also don't have a trainer port, so I am thinking of patching one in and adding a switch to disable the DHT when the trainer port is in use.

MrPartyPanda

Actually I did not have to had a switch to it. Where I wired it up the crystal works as a switch between each one. The funny thing is I don't even need that controller really anymore. I got a new one that is a 2.4 Ghz. At the time I did my little project I had no money to get a newer one.