FT 22 motor and general question

I'm looking at building the FT-22 next. I've seen one guy fly it at my field and it looks pretty awesome. Another guy has a F18 that is similar and again he was having a lot of luck. It looks like a pretty stable air-frame. So far I've built the Nutball, FT Flyer, and Tiny Trainer w/ good results. I had bad results with the Scout. I'm hoping the design allows for some slight imperfections such as the Tiny Trainer. The Tiny Trainers I built are pretty imperfect but still fly really well.

Can anyone point of the motor on Head's Up Hobby that is similar to the Suppo?

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brus...rushless-motor-370-28-26-1450kv-suppo-2208-14

I may go with the Suppo but Head's Up has been real good to me thus far.

HilldaFlyer

I'm looking at building the FT-22 next. I've seen one guy fly it at my field and it looks pretty awesome. Another guy has a F18 that is similar and again he was having a lot of luck. It looks like a pretty stable air-frame.

Here is my suggestion.
http://flitetest.com/articles/glassed-ft-22

Battery: Turnigy 1000 mAh 3S LiPo 25C - Hobby King
Motor: D2822/14 1450 Kv - Hobby King
Prop: APC 7x6 - Radical RC
ESC: Turnigy Plush 18A - Hobby King. -

This combo is a really great setup for the FT-22. I've gotten probably 30 flights on mine now. Crashes..>>>
Ran it the wind sock pole:
IMG_0246s.jpg

Nosed into the ground:
IMG_1236s.jpg

And again...
IMG_1509s.jpg
Treed once for three days and blew out of the tree with no significant damage other than some water marks and paint bubbles.
IMG_0158s.jpg
Flew over my head and pancaked into the ground... losing a wing.
IMG_1618s.jpg
Glued it back on
IMG_1619s.jpg
And flew it last weekend

Great plane!

The F-18 build article is in the acceptance queue. Keep you eyes peeled... It uses the same motor setup. Works great!

If you want to really make it haul, read the F-18 build article... F-18 V2 uses this:

RxamEwNcXTx080fkajfqzMm0kJ7n3sE5D9eVEy4M9kz4GetDhNvOrXOYFOXB0uOQLxGzdV7NKfS7UkLTWXZ_whKV9X8od39zke2r5Q6TSjVGdjG-Sjj5Bj5I6GAeua2iD-q-cDHd

F-18 v2 Statistics (bigger motor, ESC, Battery)
Material: 2 sheets Ross Foam Core (Walmart).
Weight: 308g (after paint)
Battery: 1300 mAh 40C114g
Flight Weight: 422g
Wingspan: 66.2cm (26”)
Motor: D2826-2200kv (HK)
ESC: 30A Turnigy Plush (HK)
Propeller: APC 6x4 (Radical RC)
Static Thrust: 740g @ 28 Amp,
Thrust:Weight ratio:1.75
Servos: 2x 9g (HK)
Control Rod: 0.049” piano wire (Radical RC)
Receiver: OrangeRx 615x (HK)

Best of luck... let us know how it turns out.

HilldaFlyer

I'm looking at building the FT-22 next. I've seen one guy fly it at my field and it looks pretty awesome. Another guy has a F18 that is similar and again he was having a lot of luck. It looks like a pretty stable air-frame.

The F-22 is a really stable and great platform. You will be happy with it. Just keep it going through the air. It has a nasty habit of rolling over at slow speeds entering a stall. I've had a lot of fun with mine. The nice thing is that you can build it in an evening.

Another suggestion... if you access to Walmart, go get some ROSS foam core. It is really great stuff at 88 cents and doesn't peel.

I'm pretty excited about FT-22. I'll probably order the kit so I have a good template. Thanks for pointing out the motor from Head's up. There's a real good chance the motor from Heads up is idential with different branding.

mrwzrd59

Old Guy Geek
I run a 1100kv motor with a 30amp esc and a 850mah battery. I've run as big as a 1800mah but I have to slide it pretty far back to balance. I put pins in the front of the canopy and use Velcro to fasten it at the back. After several flights the canopy became too loose to stay put. The FT22 goes in my jeep first before other aircraft and I probably fly it the most out all my planes! Yes, it's that fun! I enjoy ground skimming and shooting thru obstacles with it. I just ordered another along with a FT Explorer.....got to keep the hangar full ya know!

redtroll

Hello!

One more question about FT-22 servo.
I have several hxt500 servos. Does they fit for Raptor?
What changes I need introduce to plan for this servos?

Thanks!