FT Explorer FPV maiden!

CaseySC

Took a couple weeks of tweaking and finalizing but I was able to finish my FT Explorer build! Big thanks to the folks who helped answer my questions here on the forums!
Yesterday I flew the Explorer and it was overall really good. I was concerned about CG/balance being so tail heavy. I read about a lot of people having the same issue. I only have 1300 mAh 4s packs from my quad. But after all the gear and such were on and I moved the tail in significantly, it balanced out a little nose-heavy. Required a fair amount of up elevator to trim out and I had to stay back on the stick a bit. We played with moving the tail back as we went through packs, and I think that helped, despite it changing the CG. It wasn't super tail-heavy, just not as nose-heavy as before. I'll probably keep moving it back and once I find the sweet spot we'll stake it with a skewer.
Anyways, I recorded the flight with a Runcam Thumb, but sadly forgot to turn on gyro recording, so Gyroflow did the best it could. This is my first time flying it, which was the second flight of the day. (My FIL flew it first as he's the experience pilot, not me!)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Fun times! Keep up the great work. It gets better with every pack flown!

Have a FT explorer kit I picked up at FF18. Really ought to build it.

Cheers!
LitterBug

CaseySC

Fun times! Keep up the great work. It gets better with every pack flown!

Have a FT explorer kit I picked up at FF18. Really ought to build it.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Thanks! I flew a handful of packs and by my last one I got much better. I put together a video of that as well:
Definitely build the Explorer, it's super fun to fly! :)