FT Explorer Twin motor set up

peter97silva

IMG_20170208_224601.jpg IMG_20170208_224612.jpg
Here are some more pics of my Explorer, it is a bit on the heavy side with 1765grams but it is equipped with a lot of stuff, 4.4Ah Lipo, landing gear, nav and strobe lights, gopro cam and fpv cam with pan mount and buzzer to call attention :)
Hope you enjoy with, just waiting for good weather to Maiden it

peter97silva

Video

Based on this post and a friends advice, I've made a summary tutorial of the ft explorer twin motor conversion
Hope you enjoy

(Still have to maiden it :rolleyes: hope it flies :/ )

magic_marty

Great video hope it inspires others to do the conversion which in my opinion makes the explorer even better..Also with the twin setup the tail boom can be mounted up where the original motor pod sets..

magic_marty

Honestly have no idea if it will fly better or perhaps the same..I can't test it cause i used that opening for the GPS on the pixhawk..

magic_marty

Congrats on the maiden and thanks for posting a video, looks very nice and flies well with plenty of power...Inspires me to give the 2206's a try on mine to see how it performs..Currently i sill have the 2212's mounted ..

peter97silva

I CRASHED the TWIN EXPLORER

Well, trying the stock angle of atack of the explorer wing it flew so bad and because it was windy I couldnt bring it back down :(
Hope you enjoy the video and remember, put 5mm at the front between the wing and fuse to make your explorer flew as dreams :D

magic_marty

Found some props i been looking for to try on my twin finally...Cause i run one motor CW and the other CCW to counter any torque roll i been using slow fly gemfan props but these should perform better cause they are actual airplane props and should have better thrust with less flex hopefully...Also available in other sizes..:)
http://www.banggood.com/APC-Style-9...-Blade-CW-CCW-For-RC-Airplane-p-1047481.html?

Should be here tomorrow and i hope to test them out this weekend after good balance of coarse..:)