ft explorer wing mod help ...

Zeligman

hi all - finally had success today with ft explorer (plus mini mustang and mini corsair) ... BUT both sets of wings snapped in midair (glide wing and sport wing) i only have spare 18x36 foam sheets and those arent big enough... has anyone modded expolorer wings in 2 parts or folding successfully>? please share :) thank you! -JF

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I use 2 carbon fiber arrows as my spars in a modified Armin style wing to prevent wings folding, this armin wing design was tested and can lift 7.5lbs there is a video I posted here of the guy testing the wing and lifting weight

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Congrats on the success! I would use a paint stirrer to fix and reinforce the wings that folded. On my Explorer, my wings never folded, but I've heard it's a common issue. @SquirrelTail might have some suggestions as well.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I use bamboo barbecue skewers. I cut a slot & imbed them into the foam, 2 in the top layer & 2 in the bottom layer. The idea is to make an I beam, bamboo top & bottom, with a foam separator.

Zeligman

thanks everyone! anyone figure out a 2 piece/folding mod for the wings (then i can use my 18x36 foam sheets to make new wings...

I use 2 carbon fiber arrows as my spars in a modified Armin style wing to prevent wings folding, this armin wing design was tested and can lift 7.5lbs there is a video I posted here of the guy testing the wing and lifting weight