FT Gremlin issue - Betaflight

Outofround

Okay, I know this is an old (no longer sold) FT kit. It was purchased a couple years ago and i completed the kit, double checking the wiring - 'cause I am quite capable of mistakes... Initially frustrations grew from using a cable that was not capable to download data (see my ackknowledgement about mistakes). I had beaten my head against the wall numerous times and finally gave up in frustration in my lack of knowledge of Betaflight. I have dug this out and am looking to renew the project with a fresh head...
My present version of Betaflight is 10.6.0 and I know there is an updated version available. Questions are: Should I go ahead and update or continue with the installed version? Should I use Betaflight or another app that may be preferred?
My level of knowledge is minimal from the standpoint of Beta' and detailed procedures (step by step) are likely my only hope.
This thing has been back in the box screaming at me for some time so it's time for me to put up or shut up...
Just looking to be pointed in a reasonable direction.
Thanks for taking the time to listen.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Okay, I know this is an old (no longer sold) FT kit. It was purchased a couple years ago and i completed the kit, double checking the wiring - 'cause I am quite capable of mistakes... Initially frustrations grew from using a cable that was not capable to download data (see my ackknowledgement about mistakes). I had beaten my head against the wall numerous times and finally gave up in frustration in my lack of knowledge of Betaflight. I have dug this out and am looking to renew the project with a fresh head...
My present version of Betaflight is 10.6.0 and I know there is an updated version available. Questions are: Should I go ahead and update or continue with the installed version? Should I use Betaflight or another app that may be preferred?
My level of knowledge is minimal from the standpoint of Beta' and detailed procedures (step by step) are likely my only hope.
This thing has been back in the box screaming at me for some time so it's time for me to put up or shut up...
Just looking to be pointed in a reasonable direction.
Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Ok sorry for not replying sooner mate. Had no access to forums for a few days. The OG flight controller (F3 Femto) is no longer supported by betaflight. However.. you can load version 10.4 or older to flash it. Once that is done you should be able to connect with any version of betaflight to do the tuning and such. Keep in mind its best to stick with the version you flashed with as anything newer will have features not used by that controller and could cause problems if you try and activate or manipulate something not meant for an F3 controller.

Outofround

Thanks for takiing the time to answer. You've at least given me some things to consider. I've exhausted myself some time ago. Will consider what you have provided. It's at least a direction...
Thanks again!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I also have a thread somewhere here about all the things I did to and with my Gremlin. I still rip that bad boy around the complex.