FT guinea pig hardware list...

menus666

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to built guinea pig next winter and I have some question about hardware

Whats kind and dimension of wood are used in wings and in other place in the plane

What do you use for landing gears wire?

What dimension of Wheel do you use??

If someone can post a list of material thats will be very apreciate!!

Thank you and sorry for poor English!!

For the landing gear I was going to use some 3mm music wire I have from a local hobby shop. Its nice and cheap and fairly stron. I think it will make a nice axle.

For the wings I think I may reinforce them with a little carbon fibre rod either, 2mm,3mm or 5mm.

For the wood i'll use what ever I have laying around, I may even use a strip of ali for the wing.
So long as its not balsa it will probably be fine. Once I start the build i'll just see what I have that fits. Not much help I know but I imagine pretty much anything will do.

I started a similar thread it may help http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?28382-FT-Guinea-Pig-scratch-build-a-few-questions.

menus666

For the landing gear I was going to use some 3mm music wire I have from a local hobby shop. Its nice and cheap and fairly stron. I think it will make a nice axle.

For the wings I think I may reinforce them with a little carbon fibre rod either, 2mm,3mm or 5mm.

For the wood i'll use what ever I have laying around, I may even use a strip of ali for the wing.
So long as its not balsa it will probably be fine. Once I start the build i'll just see what I have that fits. Not much help I know but I imagine pretty much anything will do.

I started a similar thread it may help http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?28382-FT-Guinea-Pig-scratch-build-a-few-questions.

Like my post we dont have a lot of reply...
Nobody built ths plane or what?? Lol

Mytmerc83

Many people have built this plane with great success. If I remember correct on mine I used 3mm piano wire for the gear front and rear. The wing support I use a meter(yard) stick I picked up from the dollor store while buying the foam. Mine has been flying for well over a year and has made many drops. For wheels on the rear I trucked(doubled) eflite apprentice wheels cause I had extras and the front I think is 1 3/4 tail wheels(doubled). Does not fly off of grass too well but gravel and pavement are no problem.

menus666

Many people have built this plane with great success. If I remember correct on mine I used 3mm piano wire for the gear front and rear. The wing support I use a meter(yard) stick I picked up from the dollor store while buying the foam. Mine has been flying for well over a year and has made many drops. For wheels on the rear I trucked(doubled) eflite apprentice wheels cause I had extras and the front I think is 1 3/4 tail wheels(doubled). Does not fly off of grass too well but gravel and pavement are no problem.

Thank ypu very much that help me very well