FT Guinea Pig (Review)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The plans were just uploaded. http://www.stonekap.net/ftplans/FT-Guineapig-plans.pdfhttp:// and http://www.stonekap.net/ftplans/FT-Guineapig-TILED-PLANS.pdf

The full sized plans are pretty big 64 x67 so it will probably have to be reordered for 20x30 sheets.

I am working on getting these optimized for 20X30 (standard DTFB) sheets and re-tiled. I hope to have them done by tonight. I will post the link here and in the Plans area of the forums when I have them done. Stay tuned.

LooseBruce

I am working on getting these optimized for 20X30 (standard DTFB) sheets and re-tiled. I hope to have them done by tonight. I will post the link here and in the Plans area of the forums when I have them done. Stay tuned.

Thanks Sponz.
That will be very helpful.
Not for me because I am not going to build it....i am not going to build it....i am not going to build it.....

I only cut out 2 power pods tonight just in case I need them for something or other....
LooseBruce

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
55pages of tiled plans?!
This is gonna be fun to transfer

I think I can get it down to 38 without duplicating any parts? What I mean is, any part that requires two (or more) pieces (i.e. the spar, outer vertical stabilizers, etc.) of the same part will only have one template. Also, any mirrored parts (i.e. the wing, wheel pants) will only have one template. This is how I typically make my plans. I will include my drawing key for line types, colors, and symbol definitions as well.

Does this work for everyone?

nlit3n

I'm more into the full sized plans than the tiled. Honestly what ever saves you time. What ever you do were going to appreciate.

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sorry for the confusion, I'm doing both the full-size and the tiled at the same time. I got the full-size down to 5 sheets and the tiled will come out to be 38 sheets.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Rearranged FT Guinea Pig Plans

File contains Full-size and tiled plans, plus a drawing key.

Page 1 - Drawing Key
Pages 2-6 - Full-Size - 34x22 sheets (all parts fit to 30x20 area on the full-size sheets)
Pages 7-44 - Tiled - 7.5x10.5 sheets (will print to US Letter or A4 size paper without scaling issues)

Print at 100% scale for full-size and tiled versions. In/mm scale included on each sheet to verify size.

Any and all feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated. I plan on doing other FT plans in this format in the future.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I spent a lot of time trying to minimize the number of seams on each part for the tiled plans. Hope you guys like it.

nlit3n

Thanks for putting the scale on every page. It paid off a little while ago. I went to Kinko's and they printed them through acrobat and every page was off 1/16 of an inch. They reprinted them using there system and it came out spot on. They ended up giving me the 1st plans for free. Great job on the plans again. Thank you!!!

LooseBruce

I think I can get it down to 38 without duplicating any parts? What I mean is, any part that requires two (or more) pieces (i.e. the spar, outer vertical stabilizers, etc.) of the same part will only have one template. Also, any mirrored parts (i.e. the wing, wheel pants) will only have one template. This is how I typically make my plans. I will include my drawing key for line types, colors, and symbol definitions as well.

Does this work for everyone?
That works fine for me Sponz. I really appreciate what you do with the plans. I think they are great improvement over already very good plans. That is really something!
LooseBruce

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Thanks for putting the scale on every page. It paid off a little while ago. I went to Kinko's and they printed them through acrobat and every page was off 1/16 of an inch. They reprinted them using there system and it came out spot on. They ended up giving me the 1st plans for free. Great job on the plans again. Thank you!!!

Well, that makes the couple hours I spent reworking the plans worth it right there. Glad it worked out for you.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That works fine for me Sponz. I really appreciate what you do with the plans. I think they are great improvement over already very good plans. That is really something!
LooseBruce

Thanks. And Thank you Flite Test for continuing to provide the community with free plans!

The swing wing plane is really awesome! I think that Peter should definitely make it into a speed build kit for the Flite Test store. Keep up the good work!

vptorres

Mini Folding Wing

I would love to see a full work-up of the Mini Folding Wing plane, as I'm sure many others would as well.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I would love to see a full work-up of the Mini Folding Wing plane, as I'm sure many others would as well.

I'm pretty sure they heard us and are working on it! :cool:

11014280_849512458447996_6213355330984368594_n.jpg