FT Mini Hellcat (1st Attempt Crash)

Twitchin_Dad

Hey guys! So finished building the Hellcat, and when I went to maiden it at a good 80% Thurst. It took off and wanted to spiral hard down and left, I made my countermeasures with the rudder and held hard right, but it still crashed. This is ALSO with the FT Aura 5 gyro installed and the plane still did this.

My assumption: Thurst angle needed to be more down and Right from what it was.... please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
There’s a chance the aura could have been set up wrong too. I haven’t used one yet but I’ve read that some people have had issues with it and not having it orientated right and possibly magnetic interference.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...My assumption: Thurst angle needed to be more down and Right from what it was.... please correct me if I'm wrong.
I doubt the thrust angle would be off far enough to be the cause of the crash. If the thrust angle were off that much, it would have looked funny. A plane with zero thrust angle will fly. A little down & right may make it fly better.

I agree with @The Hangar, the Aura could be setup incorrectly or faulty. The CG could be tail heavy, one of the controls reversed or you could have a twist in the wing.