FT Old Speedster And PPC???

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hi guys i really want to build the ft old speedster, but the only motors i have are a power pack f and a power pack C. and a 1100mah 3s ,or 2200mah 3s.

my idea was to scale up the speedster to maybe 130-150%
would this work?
i understand the wings are prone to folding on the stock one, so i would reinforce the wing with some cf or fg tube...

what size would work best to scale it up to?

please note, i believe that the speedster uses a B power pack but i can't find anywhere where it actually states "B" all they say is a 26gram motor?????

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
hi guys i really want to build the ft old speedster, but the only motors i have are a power pack f and a power pack C. and a 1100mah 3s ,or 2200mah 3s.

my idea was to scale up the speedster to maybe 130-150%
would this work?
i understand the wings are prone to folding on the stock one, so i would reinforce the wing with some cf or fg tube...

what size would work best to scale it up to?

please note, i believe that the speedster uses a B power pack but i can't find anywhere where it actually states "B" all they say is a 26gram motor?????
The 1100mah will be perfect. 115% would work well.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
i think i'll do 130% to allow for the extra weight of the 2200mah ........
am i right in thinking that the stock one has a 1m wingspan?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
because i'm using a 1045 on a 1250kv 2217 motor and according to the specs it will pull a max current of 36 amps at full throttle

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
because i'm using a 1045 on a 1250kv 2217 motor and according to the specs it will pull a max current of 36 amps at full throttle
The old ft C pack draws about 18 amps normally, so it was fine for me. You can always try it, it’s pretty obvious if the motor is not getting the power it needs.