• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT Simple Cub

FT Simple Cub 1.1

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
flitetest submitted a new resource:

FT Simple Cub - FT Simple Cub Free Plans

FT Simple Cub
Designed By: Josh Bixler
Floats Designed By: Andres Lu
Plans By: Dan Sponholz

View attachment 114555

Overview:
Thank you for choosing the FT Simple Cub as your next FT project. Our passion at FliteTest is to​
introduce this great hobby to as many people as possible. It is also to make that journey as fun as​
possible. This design focuses on both of these goals more than...​
Read more about this resource...

Do you know of anyone who has 3D printed a bumper/sleeve that fits over the left and right front-most parts of the fuselage? I'm looking for a way to strengthen it as my son has crashed the DIY cub several times so it's getting banged up.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Mentor
Hi. Newbie to the world of RC planes and building Simple Cub.. question... does battery goes inside power pod on in nose of plane?
Different persons place the battery in a wide variety of positions and places but on mine I fit the battery in the power pod though I have also flown it with the battery mounted UNDER the powerpod just behind the motor/propeller. Not all of my batteries weigh the same or are the same physical size!

If your battery fits in the power pod and the plane flies OK with the battery in that position then stick to it!

have fun!

We have the battery mounted UNDER the powerpod just behind the motor/propeller. We decided to do so in order to lower the center of gravity for takeoff/landing. But I can also see that a lower center of gravity may effect flight maneuverability.