FT Simple... no, Super Cub

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Decided to build a little bigger FT simple Cub and convert it to a Super Cub ( flaps included). I blew up the plans to the biggest i could fit on the plotter and they came out at about 140%. As I was laying it out on the table to see how the sheets of foam board would work, I was able to use the 3 extra inches to increase the each wing length. This gave the Super Cub a full 60" wingspan. Using all used parts from other aircraft, the only new parts were the 4 sheets of foamboard. My goal was to make an STOL aircraft with the shortest takeoff roll as possible.

I will post more pictures and comments, but for now here is the resulting takeoff roll....

Last edited:

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Long video

Along with all the bantering is three other individuals who fly it for the first time. GoPro camera ( wide lens)

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I guess this is the only picture I have of construction. I thought I took more. :black_eyed:

FT Super Cub .jpg

GotCox

Good stuff dude! That tail heavy vid answers so many questions for me. lol You did a great job controlling it and getting it back on the ground without the big thud sound.