ft simple scout wing

M

MCNC

In the build video, I think I hear the term score lines. I can see them on the speed build pieces but I am not sure how to create them for folding the wing over the spar on my scatch build. This is the first plane i have built. I hope i posted this in the correct forum.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
In the build video, I think I hear the term score lines. I can see them on the speed build pieces but I am not sure how to create them for folding the wing over the spar on my scatch build. This is the first plane i have built. I hope i posted this in the correct forum.
The score lines are just where the paper and only a small fraction of the foam depth are to be cut. I normally just use a steel ruler and a sharp knife to do the score lines and where necessary I use a BBQ skewer to break up the foam underneath.

Have fun!

M

MCNC

Thank you. So no material is removed? Breaking up the foam, does that mean compressing it a little under the cut?

Fidget

Thank you. So no material is removed? Breaking up the foam, does that mean compressing it a little under the cut?

Correct. Cut just the top paper and a tiny amount of foam, then drag the end of a bbq skewer through. That mashes the foam enough to make it bend there when you fold the top of the wing over.

M

MCNC

Ok, here goes..... but first it's Sunday go to meeting time.. will try to avoid my phone for a bit.