ft spitfire newbie questions

fabstar68

hi all, i just finished building the ft swappable series spitfire, now that it is over i have a question... the maximum lipo height i can fit in the plane is 26mm (tight fit, there's no need to hold the battery in place because it is completly stuck), with the turnigy 3s 2200mah 45-90, in the space between the bottom of the power pod and the wings.... but i have read of people using batteries such as the turnigy 4s 1300mah 20c, that is 29mm height..... there's no way i could squeeze this battery inside the plane.... obviously, i'm missing something.... could anyone shed some light into this issue ?

also, what is the maximum suggested lipo weight that i can throw in ? i have a bunch of those 2200 3s 200g lipos, but i also have a couple of 3200 3s, that are 282g.... and 2 2650 zippy 2s in series that weigh a total of 340g....

i have the "standard" TURNIGY 2826 1200kv motor with 8x4e apc props... i understand that they are ok at 3s, will those props also fit well in 4s mode ? thx everyone

Fab

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
The "standard" battery is a 2200 3s, I can put a 3200 3s with the cg a little forward (no big deal, about 3 clicks of trim if I care to do it) about the 26mm versus 29mm, it may simply be the size of the original cut, some people I know have gone as for as to cut out a spot for their battery. You may want to prop it down a little bit, it will work your motor a bit harder then usual (obviously:D

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I made my pod taller so it sits on the wing while inside the fuse. This allows me to put my battery inside for safety.

I've had a 4000mah 3S inside my spitfire with no issues.

fabstar68

thx everyone, now i have a better idea of the general thing... i only didn't get the best prop size for 4s setup with this motor..

ienadlard

Hey all! I am in the process of ordering the various parts I need for the FT spitfire scratch build. I watched the video and I love the spinner he has on there. It just gives it a cool look, you know? However I have never put a custom spinner on before so I wanted to know which one he had and also how to determine what spinners to get in the future.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hey all! I am in the process of ordering the various parts I need for the FT spitfire scratch build. I watched the video and I love the spinner he has on there. It just gives it a cool look, you know? However I have never put a custom spinner on before so I wanted to know which one he had and also how to determine what spinners to get in the future.

If you want a nice big one, go with a 55mm or so. I think that's around the size FT uses.