FT Spitfire

FT Spitfire 1.1

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Do yourself a favor and take the plans on a usb stick to a reprographics shop. Most plans in black and white cost me from $2 to $6 to print and no more putting tiled plans together.
Yea i think if I am going to print out something bigger then three sheets of FB then I will go to a staples to have it done

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I love flying my David Windestål Spitfire. Some think that the foamboard planes are 'throwaway' models but I plane on keeping them around for as long as is possible. My Spit and Racer are a much loved part of my fleet.
IMG_20200809_141238434_HDR.jpg

PoorManRC

Master member
Do yourself a favor and take the plans on a usb stick to a reprographics shop. Most plans in black and white cost me from $2 to $6 to print and no more putting tiled plans together.
WHAT a great idea!!!💡 Even I can afford that. I wonder if printing on Cardstock would be much more? It would be great to have some durable templates.

Cobra1365

Finished my Spitty today. Looking forward to the maiden.
I had a couple of minor issues during the build. My wings had a bit more gap than I expected. This resulted in a few MMs more dihedral. Should be no big deal.
I added gear and am not real crazy about how the tail wheel turned out. May end up modding it some.
I also added the canopy Mod. Had quite a time scaling the plan correctly and had to do some hatchet work.

I went for the 41 Squadron RAF look. Not spot on, as I didn’t paint it silver. But, a close resemblance that should give me some visual orientation help.

Attachments

• 93F03F18-F9A1-4C87-B7B4-32B1851F48F8.jpeg
    93F03F18-F9A1-4C87-B7B4-32B1851F48F8.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0

Bigeard

So I just flew the maiden flight of the original Ft-spitfire design. With the modded canopy hatch.
What a great slow and speedy flyer. I can't recommend it enough
loved the easy relaxed flying mode with that FT Spit , waiting for them coming back into stock in the UK

Foamforce

So I just flew the maiden flight of the original Ft-spitfire design. With the modded canopy hatch.
What a great slow and speedy flyer. I can't recommend it enough

Hey, digging up an old thread here. How would you say the swappable Spitfire would work as a first plane for somebody? I’m going to build and fly a plane with a friend’s kid in a couple weeks and considering what to build. It needs to be a B pack because I have some to give away. The Scout is my current choice, but the Spitfire looks appealing. Would you say it flies nearly as easily as the Scout? Thanks!

Ian8Whit

I would not say that the spitfire is as forgiving you definitely have to keep speed up on it because its unique wing structure but I’d say it’s definitely one of their more stable warbirds just remember to keep it up on the speed and it should be fine also keep it coming in hot on landings they like to stall if its not going fast enough especially without flaps hope I could help if you have anymore questions I’m here to help Happy Flying
-Ian

Last edited:

JDSnavely

I would not say that the spitfire is a forgiving you definitely have to keep speed up on it because its unique wing structure but I’d say it’s definitely one of their more stable warbirds just remember to keep it up on the speed and it should be fine also keep it coming in hot on landings they like to stall if its not going fast enough especially without flaps hope I could help if you have anymore questions I’m here to help Happy Flying
-Ian
I agree.

Ian8Whit

Although if they’ve flown before I say you could try the spit it is probably their best warbird stability wise so I say the spit is the trainer warbird from flite test

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Honestly if it’s for a kid try the cub or storch overwing planes are the ones anyone should start with
I've heard that the storch is good but having built 4 simple cubs I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. How about the explorer?