• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT Spitfire

FT Spitfire 1.1

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Do yourself a favor and take the plans on a usb stick to a reprographics shop. Most plans in black and white cost me from $2 to $6 to print and no more putting tiled plans together.
Yea i think if I am going to print out something bigger then three sheets of FB then I will go to a staples to have it done

PoorManRC

Master member
Do yourself a favor and take the plans on a usb stick to a reprographics shop. Most plans in black and white cost me from $2 to $6 to print and no more putting tiled plans together.
WHAT a great idea!!!💡 Even I can afford that. I wonder if printing on Cardstock would be much more? It would be great to have some durable templates.

Cobra1365

Finished my Spitty today. Looking forward to the maiden.
I had a couple of minor issues during the build. My wings had a bit more gap than I expected. This resulted in a few MMs more dihedral. Should be no big deal.
I added gear and am not real crazy about how the tail wheel turned out. May end up modding it some.
I also added the canopy Mod. Had quite a time scaling the plan correctly and had to do some hatchet work.

I went for the 41 Squadron RAF look. Not spot on, as I didn’t paint it silver. But, a close resemblance that should give me some visual orientation help.

Attachments

Bigeard

So I just flew the maiden flight of the original Ft-spitfire design. With the modded canopy hatch.
What a great slow and speedy flyer. I can't recommend it enough
loved the easy relaxed flying mode with that FT Spit , waiting for them coming back into stock in the UK