FT Tiny Trainer

FT Tiny Trainer 1.1

Did the maiden flight today and everything worked well (see here for a longer story). Having the servos as far back as possible helped. I have the reviever right under the wing on one of the sides. The battery is now in a position where it is hard to reach from under the wing and from the front. But at least I can reach the connector and unplug it without removing the wing as long as I leave the ESC loose :)

flyranger

Thank you nobledeed!

Attachments

• 20200805_072322.jpg
    20200805_072322.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200805_072330.jpg
    20200805_072330.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200805_072340.jpg
    20200805_072340.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

bisco

Elite member
when i open the download, adobe shows 39.8% on the top, next to the magnifying glass. does anyone know what that means?

Flyingshark

Master member
when i open the download, adobe shows 39.8% on the top, next to the magnifying glass. does anyone know what that means?
That probably means your screen isn't 34" by 22" and it's fitting the plans to the window size so you can see the whole thing. That shouldn't affect how it prints though.

CEE

That probably means your screen isn't 34" by 22" and it's fitting the plans to the window size so you can see the whole thing. That shouldn't affect how it prints though.

With that being said, make sure you look up the instructions on how to print it correctly, otherwise it will try to fit your paper and not what you want.

If you have a Staples, they can also print the full size (again, you need to follow the directions to set it up right or else it will print wrong).

bisco

Elite member
With that being said, make sure you look up the instructions on how to print it correctly, otherwise it will try to fit your paper and not what you want.

If you have a Staples, they can also print the full size (again, you need to follow the directions to set it up right or else it will print wrong).
thanks, i'll try printing a page and see how it looks. i printed the duster, but i don't recall if it sai 38.9% or 100%.
i didn't adjust anything, and it came out fine. i don't know anything about adobe acrobat, it's learn as you go, kinda like rc!

bisco

Elite member
i printed one wing, and it measures 16 3/4". i think that is what i'm looking for.

now i'll have to try and figure reduced motor, prop and battery.

thanks all!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Love my TT. Have bashed and crashed it many times and it just keeps going (including this week). A buddly gave it to me after his daughter built and flew it at FF16. They had too many planes to take back on the flight to California so he kept the power pod and gave me the Wings/fuselage.

LB

CEE

Love my TT. Have bashed and crashed it many times and it just keeps going (including this week). A buddly gave it to me after his daughter built and flew it at FF16. They had too many planes to take back on the flight to California so he kept the power pod and gave me the Wings/fuselage.

LB
hard to beat a free wing and fuse.

Put the maiden on the FT Tiny trainer today in 10 to 15kt. winds with both wings, the glider wing was a bit bumpy but handled it quite well, the sport wing was a joy to fly! this is gonna be an awesome laid back sport flyer. only ran it on 460mah 2 cell and had 6 min flights without dropping below 3.6v per cell. haven't run a 3 cell yet. control throws are all at recommended with 20% expo. this thing is gonna be as good as my old e-flight corsair. Next i'm thinking the old fogey for slow-fly fpv around the front yard, just hope it fly's as well as this one does.

Attachments

• FT Tiny Trainer (2).jpg
    FT Tiny Trainer (2).jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 0

mayan

Legendary member
Put the maiden on the FT Tiny trainer today in 10 to 15kt. winds with both wings, the glider wing was a bit bumpy but handled it quite well, the sport wing was a joy to fly! this is gonna be an awesome laid back sport flyer. only ran it on 460mah 2 cell and had 6 min flights without dropping below 3.6v per cell. haven't run a 3 cell yet. control throws are all at recommended with 20% expo. this thing is gonna be as good as my old e-flight corsair. Next i'm thinking the old fogey for slow-fly fpv around the front yard, just hope it fly's as well as this one does.
Simple scout with b pack motor!

Foamforce

My son (8yo) just finished building his TT. He did about 80% of the cuts, with me doing the ones where absolute precision mattered. I didn’t know how it would turn out because some of the cuts were a little off the mark, but after assembly it looks just fine!

He flew it for the first time this weekend and LOVED it. He said it flies a lot easier than his previous plane, which was a three channel Simple Cub. After an initial couple flights with the Buddy box, he flew solo for over ten minutes, landing twice, without any damage. It went absolutely great and it improved his confidence and enthusiasm a ton!

One thing that we were concerned with initially was that it balanced very nose heavy. That was using the recommended 1806 motor, a very small 12a ESC, a micro receiver, and a small 450mah 2s battery. If anything, I would have expected it to be tail heavy. We moved the battery as far back under the nose as possible and it flies very nicely like that, even though it is nose heavy. It almost seems like the COG holes are in the wrong place. Anybody else have that experience?

Anyways, great little plane!