FTFC21: Build-ruary by Matthewdupreez (Build Skill: 5, Pilot SKill: NA (never flown a plane before))

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Looks good to me! I would just be worried about the spar strengthening. You might want the separate pieces of wood to overlap a bit or have another overlapping layer, right now the gaps just leave weak spots since it isn’t a solid piece. You should be fine though since this is a mini plane.
hehe i stress tested in well sort of, the cat in the pic sat on the wing when it was finished ( in the middle of the wing, and it didn't even bend, i then weighed the cat and it weighs 1kg / 2lb i think it will be strong enough

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hmmm. the little corsair has a big fat wing... lots of drag... but should be able to fly real slow and also real fast,,
my guess at auw +battery is around 200grams. with a f pack motor(400grams thrust i think)

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
reserved for FT Simple cub, made from ace board.(@dh04000 @cdfigueredo )
fuselage complete, elevator glued on, the whole plan is to make this plane water proof so i can put floats on it...
never never am i doing this ace board with wheat glue again... it is terrible.... my idea now is to get that sticky film you cover books in, and make the foam with that instead of the paper... no glue required it is already sticky View attachment 193239 View attachment 193240 View attachment 193241 View attachment 193243
the withe one is the new one, the brown one is my very very first foamboard aeroplane
@cdfigueredo @dh04000

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Reserved for FT Simple Scout.
Why? the simple scout.
Well i do not have a reasonable 3ch trainer,
it is well a SIMPLE plane to build
and it just looks pretty awesome.

Plans are here

FT Simple Scout [ All-In-One | Full-Size | A-Size | B-Size ]​
FT build guide​
Build Log:​
day 1(approx time spent 30min)​
started with cutting out the fuselage from the plans and then from foam, went together surprisingly easily​
note: you should put the doublers in before folding together the fuselage.​
day 2 (1 hour spent)​
tail and elevator went on quickly, then proceeded to glue doublers, and fuselage bottom on.​
wing folded, glued and in... then i finished the landing gear... my first plane to have landing gear yay​
day 3 (1/2 an hour spent)​
completed the plane now all i need to do is paint it, and wait for my electronics:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cry::cry::cry:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
i am thinking of working on a pilatus PC-7 that bird looks so sweet
pilatus pc-7.jpg