gear setup problems

BankNYank!

Mentor
I don't have any experience with fpv but I do know video and it sounds like something is wrong with the video feed. I'd look somewhere from the camera to where it plugs into your transmitter. Test that the camera is working by plugging it straight into your monitor if you can and also double check your wiring from camera to transmitter.

Crazy question but is the lens cap on?

Hope this helps!

BankNYank!

Mentor
I would start with that connector. You may have it wired correctly but don't assume the colors are going to match. In the discussion for that item on HK's website someone said the video on that cable is green and the ground is black. That's a good place to start. An easier way to sort it would be to check the camera you are using and see what output's to which ring on that plug. Then you can use a multimeter to figure out which ring coincides with what color wire. Then you will need to figure out what the different color wires on your transmitter are and connect video to video, ground to ground etc. which may not be the same color wires.

Good luck and I hope my post makes sense! :-/

UPDATE: I did a little more research and it looks like the green wire on the plug is video and the yellow on the transmitter is video. This would mean your transmitter isn't getting any video signal since you have that one unhooked. This would mean that green on plug goes to yellow on transmitter. May want to give that a try but try at your own risk! I'm just giving my best guess here. You have to use your best judgement when wiring that thing up. Verify and make sure I'm pointing you in the right direction. I don't wanna feel bad if things go south!

Last edited:
Firstly, I will say I am not an expert; recently started to get into FPV as well. With that said...I looked at the manual (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/434487232X422882X24.pdf); it appears to be documentation for a video transmitter (TS351) and two video receivers (RC802 and RC805).

Which receiver do you have? RC802 or RC805?

Reason I ask is that one of the receivers (RC802) appears to receives signal on the 2370MHz area.
The other receiver (RC805) appears to receive signal on the 5725MHz area.
I will assume you have the RC805 receiver.

However, the video transmitter transmits on 5705MHz area and the receiver receives on 5725MHz area. In my opinion it seems like this receiver and transmitter are not on the same frequency band.

I recently learned that there are several frequency bands in the 5.8GHz area. I believe your transmitter/receiver are not on the same band.

Just my opinion, anyone who is more knowledgeable, please correct me if I am wrong. I would like to learn more about this stuff as well.

BankNYank!

Mentor
The frequency is fine. They both (Vtx/Vrx) operate on the same ch/frequencies. Just so long as both are 5.8 and you have them both on the same channel. ;)

SleeppingWolf

now got adapters for the mobius and that works so wondering if it could be ether the tx or rx. they seem to be both on 5705 as the screen goes from static to black.

BankNYank!

Mentor
From what your saying I'm guessing you were able to connect the mobius to a monitor and get video on the monitor? If this is the case then double check your wiring to the video transmitter. It looks like you will need to connect to pins 4 and 7 for video input.

SleeppingWolf

(^_^) thank for the help did not realize i needed to connect the ground pin as i did not want to power the camera with it. i assumed you meant pin 5 as pin 4 is for audio. thanks again for the help trouble shooting.

BankNYank!

Mentor
(^_^) thank for the help did not realize i needed to connect the ground pin as i did not want to power the camera with it. i assumed you meant pin 5 as pin 4 is for audio. thanks again for the help trouble shooting.

Yep, pin 5 not 4. Sorry about that.

So does this mean you got it going!?! :D