Ok, so there's a list of things to update on. All small things but they add up.
The bullet connectors on the wing power wires were done. Pretty quick job. This allowed me to finally install the wing to the fuselage and start checking systems. First up was to AGAIN check the landing gear. I noticed that the centering spring for the nose gear had come out of place so I adjusted that. It's small but it keeps the nose gear from turning to the side once the pull-pull lines slacken during retraction, preventing the gear from binding. There's some additional binding that I need to investigate there too that I've not yet addressed but likely is just needing some lubricant.
Since the wing was on and everything plugged in it was time to also review the wing control surfaces. Ailerons were wor... no that's not right. One aileron was working and then it wasn't. Odd. Flipped the airplane over only to discover that one mount for the servo in the hatch had broken free. Folks, I preach it over and over. CA glues are for the IMPATIENT. They are brittle and just need constant inspection. A quick dab of epoxy and we are back rolling. While the epoxy cured, I looked into the flap movement. The flaps were not evenly level with the trailing edge of the wing so I set my basic programming in my radio and went to investigate. One side was really off my one tooth of the servo arm. To access the servos you have to remove the nacelle. It's just two bolts but it's clumsy with it all just dangling there by pneumatic tubing and power wires. The one side was then fine. To address the other side I approached it the same but the adjustment of the clevis was the order... but no... I went to adjust the clevis out and then the clevis came out. So, I adjusted the servo arm by one tooth and then started REALLY adjusting the clevis to get the trailing edge to match. The odd thing here is that this side had the two flaps uneven with each other, not just the wing. Sometimes other's make their own problems. All minor stuff but it adds up. Sound familiar? Aileron servo replaced in the wing and working fine.
So with the wing now sorted it's time to check the landing gear AGAIN... POP. Oh for crying out loud. One of the clevises from the pull-pull lines had popped off the servo arm because I'm a dummy and forgot to replace the fuel tubing over the clevis to secure it. The hatch pops off and I replace the clevis only to find a triangle of wood on the bench. Another popped piece of wood held on by CA glue. UGH. Wood glue this time and sand the surface before application.
While that dries, It's time to sync the ESCs. This is CRITICAL on any multi-engine airplane in the electric world as well as the fuel world. It's just a LOT easier with electrics and does not get effected by the weather. Transmitter on, power on the receiver, props off, throttle cut off, move throttle to full. Plug in BOTH batteries for the motors and let them sing. Next is to lower the throttle to the minimum and the ESCs know the range of the stick. That's it. I check the bare minimum of stick movement to see if the motors engage at the same time and they do.
With the motors synced, I put the original cowls on just for the maiden, they WILL be replaced. Props on and 3D printed spinners go on with the prop nut. Finally, I get to do a throttle test. A full run-up on the floor with storage charge packs gives GOBS of thrust. She will not have a hard time flying. CG check is now up with just a touch nose-heavy (1cm forward of the mark) with the gear down and bang on with the gear up.
Last thing I noticed was with all this testing, I realized that my drawer find battery was really quite fatigued. More so than I thought. I have ordered some NiMh batteries and I'll make my own 5-cell pack since it's SO much cheaper to do. I need to finalize control surface throws and rates, throw in some expo for good measure and do some taxi testing. I taped the cockpit canopy on just for the maiden since it'll eventually get replaced. Yeah, I got that hatch re-installed already so that's off the list.
So, set throws and rates, address the minor nose gear binding, build a custom battery pack. That's really all that's left.