Google Maps flying sites

RcLew

1000 Islands RC Modelers, the field is owned by the club
. Screenshot (17).png

Tench745

Master member
This has been my best go-to spot so far.
View attachment 206357
Between those ball fields there's quite a lot of space to work with.

But I'm moving. I hope I can get away with this, but bummer it's right on the Hudson River so it's likely more breezy. It's only a couple blocks from my new home.
View attachment 206358
Right on the river like that, you'll have more breeze, but the wind coming off the river is going to be a lot less turbulent and less gusty than your old site.

Bo123

Elite member
Flying Site 1: The club
1630536967497.png

Site 2: Dry estuary, south of flying site.
1630537165558.png

Site 3: House (For very small aircraft)
1630537235865.png

Reills

I used to fly right in my backyard, but the farmer planted corn which makes landings tough. Now I gotta walk some 100 yards or more.

Attachments

• flying.png
    flying.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Bo123

Elite member
I used to fly right in my backyard, but the farmer planted corn which makes landings tough. Now I gotta walk some 100 yards or more.
Still that isn't as much as a lot of us. Some peole have to drive at least 1 hour. Your lucky to have such a great place to fly though.
Although I am also very lucky that I don't have to walk, as I have found a flying site only 100m or so from my house.
1640135584823.png

the rc project

Thought I’d share this. This is my club, MMFC power lines, highways, and a dog park surrounded by trees, probably the worst place for a model aircraft club but it seems to workout alright with geotex… this is a 30 minute drive and the best club within an hour where I live. I’ve been to some really awesome places further from the city but this is as good as it gets for me!
9DC2942D-7DBE-49FA-9E35-8F6F211E8E92.jpg

(Can’t really see the power lines but trust me they are there😉)

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Thought I’d share this. This is my club, MMFC power lines, highways, and a dog park surrounded by trees, probably the worst place for a model aircraft club but it seems to workout alright with geotex… this is a 30 minute drive and the best club within an hour where I live. I’ve been to some really awesome places further from the city but this is as good as it gets for me! View attachment 214260
(Can’t really see the power lines but trust me they are there😉)
Ahh another Apple user!!

OliverW

Legendary member
I fly out of Carl Henson Field. Got a 600' runway and no obstacles other than that tree line on the left, but that's not really one anyways.
Screenshot_20211223-223409.png

OliverW

Legendary member
This is the other one that I'm thinking of joining as well. Only thing is that the tree line there is really close in, but it is still manageable
Screenshot_20211223-223619.png

SSgt Duramax

I live in San Antonio. Pretty large 2.5m metropolitan area. There are a couple of flying clubs near me, and I may check into them once I get back into the glow motors but they are a decent drive. For now there is a middle school <5 minutes from me that is always free on the weekends and summers. Sometimes you can't fly, but it is in the neighborhood and has enough space. A little close to the road for my liking, and if you were to lose a plane in the thicket to the east it would more than likely be gone for good, but I obey the boundaries, make sure I am good on the B4U fly app, and always have my FAA info ready. Haven't ever been bothered but I try to stay respectful. Obviously it is only about 500 ft x 500 ft at best so I can't have any super fast planes.

flying field.PNG

Piotrsko

Master member
That's not that bad for size, but smallish places need smallish planes. I personally wouldn't fly gassers there, even 1/2A, but my glider stuff would be great as would a bloody baron or equivalent. Being close has advantages not found in big clubs, particularly if there are no hard mouth fetching dogs, kevins or karens.

Bo123

Elite member
No! I was saying, like, another fellow Apple user!!!
Its weird. I have been an Apple Person my whole life, but recently, I got a windows computer, and it has been really good, however I had choice over any computer it would still be an apple, but they're very expensive for the good ones.

Robert S

I was in San Diego this week and noticed that I was going to be near one of the Air Parks that I've heard about on here. So I stopped by on my way to a meeting to check it out. Wow, what a beautiful place to fly! I wish I could have packed a plane in my carry-on.

20220714_121143.jpg