GoPro Session

Aerialskywalker

Hey I am new to this hobby. And so far this summer I absolutely love it. All my money has been put into my drone and I really want to capture footage. So I was wondering if anyone has a GoPro session of any kind to spare.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Good luck trying to find a session. ALL the pilots are mad because Gopro stopped making them so they are rarer by the day. You have people snatching them up fast as they can to either profiteer or to have them because they are pro pilots who regularly use them.

Talk about a company shooting their own feet...

Walmart has a good selection of cameras small enough to be used on quad copters and planes. A lot of them are under 50 dollars and can usually do 1080p x 30 fps. Some will do better resolutions then that.

Runcam also makes the split for ~ 80 dollars that is hard mounted IN the quad and safe. They do reasonably good footage as well. This is from a Runcam split V1 in my Alien. Don't mind the grainyness.. That is a combination of my poor editing skills and not knowing how to properly convert video where it does not lose resolution and the normal hit I take on all my videos with Google doing what ever they do to crapify the resolution. This is 1080P 60 fps and is clear as a bell on the original and on my computer.

Aerialskywalker

Ok I guess that’s very true! Thanks for the input though. I just need a GoPro period. I really want to get great footage. So if anyone has a spare GoPro that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
If all you need is something like a GoPro, you can get knockoffs for anywhere between $30-$50 via Amazon, Fry's Electronics, Banggood, etc. It all depends on the form factor. The GoPro Session form factor was great, as it was a small footprint and had great camera quality. RunCam had the RunCam 3, which was almost identical and GoPro sued over that, so it's no longer for sale within the United States - and immediately after, GoPro shifted back to their older, larger form factor.

https://www.frys.com/product/9149958;jsessionid=xFV5tCH6RzpopC3mPZvQ7Q__?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Here's a knockoff for $35 via Fry's Electronics. If you want the GoPro name, understand that you're pretty much buying the name now, and if you're going to fly and crash? Is it worth spending $400-$500 to replace the camera when it breaks? Probably not.